Honored Contributor

For all my lack of enthusiasm for CIJ offerings this year

I do want to say that I think Q did good with the 4 TSV's, in that three of them were items that are great for all year use (the pedestal from the 1st, the Luminaras today and the blankets on Friday), as well as have a holiday component to them. Of course the tree is pretty much holiday (although many are now using trees all year too!).

It makes a lot of sense for those of us who have way too much holiday stuff, to sell to us during this period, by offering things that we can see using for holiday, but will be able to put to use right away, and all year. 

So smart business move QVC, and thanks for choosing things that aren't exclusively Christmas based. I hope you can continue to do this throughout the season and for CIJ next year (Yep, already thinking about next year!).

Honored Contributor

Re: For all my lack of enthusiasm for CIJ offerings this year

Good point.

Respected Contributor

That's been the focus of my purchasing the past couple of years.  I want items that I don't have to store.  Not only do I not have unlimited storage space, I just don't have the desire to spend hours packing things and my arthritis makes picking up and carrying boxes painful when it's flaring.

It's a whole lot easier to just swap out ribbons and flowers and greens to change the appearance.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

That's been the focus of my purchasing the past couple of years.  I want items that I don't have to store.  Not only do I not have unlimited storage space, I just don't have the desire to spend hours packing things and my arthritis makes picking up and carrying boxes painful when it's flaring.

It's a whole lot easier to just swap out ribbons and flowers and greens to change the appearance.

I so agree with your approach!

I'm trying to lean more that way myself. Not anywhere close to being there, but inching my way slowly toward the goal!

I have a lot of older things for Christmas that I treasure dearly, and will have trouble parting with them just yet, even when I don't use them. My plan of attack has been to not try to use everything every year, but alternate and change up what I have that I love so much from the past, and that helps some. 

Still the storage of it all gets a little overwhelming. Under going life changes right now (as child grows up and prepares to leave home, etc.) so I'm sure that I'll be able to let go of things, as I am finding it easier to do all the time with his childhood things. 

It's a bit of a journey for many of us, to let go of holiday things, as they often have a lot of emotion attached to them.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio@Buck-i-Nana I do the same. Look for items that that can used year-round and alternate the strictly Christmas items. I have also "curated" my holiday collection and purged it of all but the dearly loved. Otherwise all I do is make myself crazy, lol.