Frequent Contributor

Just saw Valerie's set of 2 Cardinals are here for those of you interested.  Item #H211917.

Esteemed Contributor

They are really cute but I have this thing about cardinals.  Don't get me wrong I am a bird lover but we had a cardinal that tormented us for a whole year!!!    Constantly pecking at our windows and cars!!!   He literally would follow me room to room, it was so freaky!   I know they say it's someone that has passed and it was just after my mom passed away, and they are trying to give you a message??????  Anyway I don't think my mom was mad at me when she died and this bird drove me nuts!!!!  Though maybe she was getting me  back for my teenage years (LOL).........Anyway, no cardinals for me.

Respected Contributor

No, I'm sure your Mom wasn't mad at you. I had the same thing with a robin for the whole summer,drove me crazy. I tore her nest off the ledge of my bay window, she was just starting to build. But I laughed at your blog. We even named the bird Roberta, and all my text friends thought it was funny, but it wasn't. They peck at the windows I am told because they see their imagine.

Honored Contributor

Cardinals are very aggressive when feeling romantic, if you get my drift!

@LindaSal wrote:

They are really cute but I have this thing about cardinals.  Don't get me wrong I am a bird lover but we had a cardinal that tormented us for a whole year!!!    Constantly pecking at our windows and cars!!!   He literally would follow me room to room, it was so freaky!   I know they say it's someone that has passed and it was just after my mom passed away, and they are trying to give you a message??????  Anyway I don't think my mom was mad at me when she died and this bird drove me nuts!!!!  Though maybe she was getting me  back for my teenage years (LOL).........Anyway, no cardinals for me.

Regular Contributor

Those are really cute but I think I reached my cardinal quota from QVC already.  I only bought 2 items---the Holiday 16" Slim Tree with Cardinals & Holly and the Plow &Hearth Cardinal Stool. I am downsizing and am trying to live by the rule--bring something in, take something out.  As long as I am taking more stuff out of the house than bringing in I am ok!

Honored Contributor

@POlady

Thanks for the heads up. I LOVE cardinals!

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP  I know!!  I feel your pain........We tried closing the curtains and he still was relentless!!   Stories are funny but I know it does get tiresome..........not too mention how scuffed the windows get from their beaks!

Respected Contributor

Wow reading the cardinal story reminds me that I could not get rid of 2 woodpeckers at my mother's home last summer. The ruined her wood siding and so I had it treated and painted. Well they are back this summer. I just arrived at my moms house yesterday and all day today they are pecking right over the wood siding I had repaired last summer. It is driving us crazy. I went outside and sprayed water at them with the hose. I will be having someone come to fix it and see if there is rotting wood somewhere. 

Honored Contributor

18" Snowy Cardinal Tree with Berry Accents by Valerie - H211515

I want these next, both sizes of course!

Honored Contributor

Those cardinals are certainly cute!  I Heart CARDINALS! They are beautiful birds!  Whenever my sister or I see one we think our mom sent one to keep an eye on us. 

My bird story involves our State bird, The Mockingbird, which is a very mean bird and terrorized the street where we lived when we were kids.......They are said to be the most aggressive zealous bird harrassing people, domestic animals,  and other birds.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”