Valued Contributor

Re: Food delivery dates are too late in the month

Last year, I ordered a Junior's cheesecake minis, box of 36 for November delivery, for Thanksgiving through Christmas eating. By the time we finished, the last cheesecakes were hard and half inedible. This year I ordered the December delivery for The David's mini desserts. Hopefuly by getting it LATER, they will taste good longer. I did order some Cheryl's cookies for Novermber though.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Food products are shipped very fast, most go by 2nd day air and arrive in 48 to 36 hours. 

Only perishable food is shipped 2nd day air. It takes almost 2 weeks for my Enstrom orders to arrive and the same with my Everton pretzels.

Esteemed Contributor

@LisaMofSLC - The key for the Junior's minis is to not believe what they say about just being able to put the ones you don't eat back in the tray and box and have them be fine in the freezer. We buy lots of the summer and holiday mini sets and transfer them to big Lock & Lock containers—they're delicious and fresh all year long.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@DJs mom - I've only ordered the Enstrom's petites, but they have always come via UPS 2-Day service. I do agree that the food items not sent that way are slow, though; for example, we love the Landies Candies pretzel splits assortments, and for two Novembers in a row, it took them almost three weeks to get from New York to the western side of the country where we live. They were still good, but they weren't as fresh as they would've been two weeks earlier...

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc lucky you. I've ordered the petities for the past few years and the slab last year and none came UPS 2nd day.