Honored Contributor

Re: Folding Flame Flameless Candles

There's an image now of the folded-down flame included on the product page, @tiny 2 

(I am happy with the original flickering Candle Impressions.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting the update @GingerPeach. Hoped it would look ok but it's a disappointment...glad I waited to order.

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

There's an image now of the folded-down flame included on the product page, @tiny 2 

(I am happy with the original flickering Candle Impressions.)

@GingerPeach, Thanks for pointing that out. I totally missed it. I was watching the video.

Respected Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@tiny 2 Very clever! Thanks for posting because I don't watch QVC any longer so I rely on posters to tell me about new things.  As others have said, I won't buy this because I prefer the moving flame, but I love the idea of the folding flame.

@Marsha2003 I never watch either. I was just checking out flameless candles online because this time of year they add new ones more often. I like both kinds. I have not tried any of the Bethlehem lights moving flame candles just Luminara. I totally copied your candle display from a couple of years ago with the cascading leaves etc. I had to wait for the candle rings to show up on as is.

Respected Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@tiny 2 Very clever! Thanks for posting because I don't watch QVC any longer so I rely on posters to tell me about new things.  As others have said, I won't buy this because I prefer the moving flame, but I love the idea of the folding flame.

@Marsha2003 I never watch either. I was just checking out flameless candles online because this time of year they add new ones more often. I like both kinds. I have not tried any of the Bethlehem lights moving flame candles just Luminara. I totally copied your candle display from a couple of years ago with the cascading leaves etc. I had to wait for the candle rings to show up on as is.

@tiny 2 How cool is that! I love the sharing we do on this forum.  Having an as-is category is the best thing QVC has done for buyers, ever, although free shipping comes a close second.

Esteemed Contributor

Very interesting concept! I might give them a try😀

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting this @tiny 2 ! The price point is a bit high for me, and after seeing the folded flame, I don't think it's worth it at the price point. That being said, I would really like to see them in real life. If you did a closeup of the Luminara and saw that hole, you would wonder how it could be pretty. I might try it if I find it on "as is."

Honored Contributor

thanks so much @tiny 2 .

i had not seen these yet.

i am putting them in my wishlist. i will probably cave.

i think it looks nice.

i want to go around and see if any of my flameless candles are NOT working to see how many i may need to replace.

i have had issues with luminara before right out of the box. i have had to call and get refunds on some in a set that never worked. luckily, qvc didnt make me return the ones that were not working.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Candle Impressions is my preferred flameless brand. I will wait for some reviews before purchasing.  I am intrigued with this technology.  I have one Luminara candle but I am not impressed with the flameless feature.  It works in some places but not everywhere.  

Valued Contributor

It looks dumb in the resting position. If the goal was to mask the fact that the candle is fake during the the daytime, this can’t be counted as a success. I’d rather them make the plastic flame removable, and be able to slide it on top of the wick