Respected Contributor

Folding Flame Flameless Candles

Have any of you tried these new folding flame candles by Candle Impressions? The plastic flame folds down and leaves a black wick real candle look.

https://www.qvc.com/Candle-Impressions-Set-of-%282%29-65%22-Folding-Flame-Pillars.product.H220142.ht...

Respected Contributor

Re: Folding Flame Flameless Candles

@tiny 2   Having it fold down isn't a benefit that I care about.  I'll stick with my Luminara candles.  

The flame moves with luminara, and it looks like only the light moves on the flame on these.

It is interesting that Mary states that they were the first with this technology, and when Luminara is being presented, they also claim that they were the ones to develop the flameless look when the "imagineers" created it for Disneyland. 

Easy pass for me.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Definitely, caught my eye, but reasons for me not to buy.

New technology.  How long will this work before it no longer does, possibly stuck with looking at the wick?

This mfgr doesn't make flames that move like Luminara.

Respected Contributor

@tiny 2 Very clever! Thanks for posting because I don't watch QVC any longer so I rely on posters to tell me about new things.  As others have said, I won't buy this because I prefer the moving flame, but I love the idea of the folding flame.

Honored Contributor

I did watch the video and just a thought, but if the 'on' flame just folds back onto the candle, you would have to place it at eye level or above eye level, otherwise you'd be looking at the 'on' flame laying on the top of the candle when it's off.

That doesn't appeal to me, I'll stick to my Luminara, at least I can place them on a lower coffee table, hearth, sofa table or anywhere I want.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought they were interesting but the video I saw didn't show the what the flame looked like folded over & I want to see that before buying...the candle should've been tipped forward to see inside the top. I have lots of the CI black wick candles that have been aged, they look great with prim decor. I really like the CI black wick & wish Luminara could come up with an idea to color their white plastic wick to make it look more realistic. 

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2   Thank you for posting this, I hadn't seen them before.  But just as @KingstonsMom  stated, they did not show how it looks from the top down when the "flame" is folded down.  I cannot imagine that I would like that look at all. 

In addition, that convoluted remote control did not give me the warm and fuzzies.  Off, On, & Timer is all I need.  I am not going to take a 101 class in remote controls to determine the different timer functions, hours, dimmers, delayed start time, etc.  No thanks.

Next, they are going to make them bluetooth-enabled so I can turn them on from my car on my drive home.  It's not that serious, it's a flameless candle.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@tiny 2   Having it fold down isn't a benefit that I care about.  I'll stick with my Luminara candles.  

The flame moves with luminara, and it looks like only the light moves on the flame on these.

It is interesting that Mary states that they were the first with this technology, and when Luminara is being presented, they also claim that they were the ones to develop the flameless look when the "imagineers" created it for Disneyland. 

Easy pass for me.

@CAcableGirl2  I believe she is saying they are the first with the "Folding Flame" technology. I must admit the fake flame bothers me slightly on both brands. I wish they had a view from the top because the flame down might bother me also.LOL I believe Luminara was the first.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy both CI and Luminara candles.....

Candle Impressions has always made good quality candles, I've made recent purchases of this brand, and have also purchased them in the past as well...Those I purchased long ago are still going strong......I applaud CI for doing something new! 

I also purchase Luminara but their quality has diminished (stopped working and it wasnt the battery, on others problems with timers, battery life etc etc) but their prices remain high....instead of improving their remote control, Luminara needs to improve their candle functions and make their "flame" look more realistic when off....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I thought they were interesting but the video I saw didn't show the what the flame looked like folded over & I want to see that before buying...the candle should've been tipped forward to see inside the top. I have lots of the CI black wick candles that have been aged, they look great with prim decor. I really like the CI black wick & wish Luminara could come up with an idea to color their white plastic wick to make it look more realistic. 

@kitcat51I have a lot of the older burnt wick style and I still love them. They are all still going strong. My latest love is the Luminara heavy wax drip candlesHeart.https://www.qvc.com/Luminara-9%22-Heavy-Wax-Drip-Flameless-Candle-with-New-Remote.product.H308670.ht... They are really pretty.