Honored Contributor

I really like the TSV wreath in flocked BUT I heard them say not for outdoor use unless covered area☹️.

I wanted it for my front door which is "covered" but still exposed to sun, some rain, etc. I have the BL plain wreath for years which I decorate -- it's beautiful.

Do you think it would be OK because it's really not outside?  I am really "tempted" 😲

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1@Could you spray it with hairspray or something to seal and protect it?

Trusted Contributor

I bought the flocked multi colored wreath last year.

I hung it on my front door which has a bit of roof overhang over it.

It stayed nice all season, and I love it, really beautiful.  hth.

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1@dex

Thank you!  I'm going to order it -- my front door /patio is fully covered.  My spouse said the rain (if it does ever rain) won't be a problem.

I didn't know I could clear coat spray it without "yellowing" it.  Many of my outside decor I do this but the extreme sun still fades & ruins them🙁

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1@I will look forward to the picture when you put it on the door.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  I have used a flocked wreath on a covered front porch and it was fine.

Hope it works for you.

Respected Contributor

I bought the one they had last year and hung it on my front door.  There is a little overhang above it, every now and then some snow was blown on it, but it kept up beautifully.  I just bought this one as it looked a little fuller (even though last years was very full) but I liked the remote control that comes with it.  I leave it on the white bulbs and then thred some of the BS micro outdoor lights in red through it so that I have red and white.  It really looked beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@homedecor1@Could you spray it with hairspray or something to seal and protect it?

As The Queen of Flock I would caution on hairspray as it yellows and often quickly. Not to mention, it's flammable. Even dried.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy

As you stated you're the "queen of flock" I just saw Dan decorating & it looks difficult to "decorate" -- I didn't like the way the bow was "resting" on wreath.

I would want to add some ornaments, picks & plaid bow.  Will the flocking fall off if handled?  

Thank you for any other "tips" you can offer.  This will be my 1st flocked item