Esteemed Contributor

Fixing something minor with a hair dryer on a clay dough item

I got Valeries clay dough cookie trees "as is" and they are really cute, but one is slightly crooked. I  heard somewhere you can fix these things using a hair dryer.

Has anybody done it? I am looking for tips before I try it.

I posted on Fans of Valerie on FB and I guess they only want posts saying how beautiful everything is and everything else gets deleted.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Fixing something minor with a hair dryer on a clay dough item

I don't know what the item looks like. Can you stick one (or more) of those little felt pads under it on one side?

Esteemed Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

I don't know what the item looks like. Can you stick one (or more) of those little felt pads under it on one side?

It's the tree branches on the side  that are not flat...sort of raised up...LOL

I read on some site that they fixed an imperfection with a hair dryer....I guess I will just try and see what happens.

I wouls lay something heavy on it, but I'm sure the "doo dads" on the front would get smashed looking....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I got Valeries clay dough cookie trees "as is" and they are really cute, but one is slightly crooked. I  heard somewhere you can fix these things using a hair dryer.

Has anybody done it? I am looking for tips before I try it.

I posted on Fans of Valerie on FB and I guess they only want posts saying how beautiful everything is and everything else gets deleted.

@Nataliesgramma 

Gee her team didnt even want to help you out and answer a simple question!!!!

I'm all for seeing positive feedback and seeing photos and how others have used Valerie's products in their decorating schemes---Love those on her Facebook Page!!!!  But Im a tad tired of this qwap that Valerie doesnt also want honest feedback and/or reviews or comments about her products posted on her Facebook Page.... I remember reading in the past how Valerie took time to help out customers that experienced poor quality products or needed some customer service intervention....It seems like she's turned into LR and her Facebook Page...It's like that Twilight Zone episode where everyone has to "think only happy thoughts".....Woman Frustrated   Id be more impressed to see her respond to customers and providing solutions to problems....Sounds like she's totally ignoring the decline in quality of her merchandise Woman Mad  Looks like I'll be shopping elsewhere for home decor...she's chased away a long time customer....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'd return it.  On principle.