Respected Contributor

I just received my first AS IS purchase - a set of holiday bell ornaments by Valerie.  The box had obviously been retaped, but although the styrofoam was a bit crumbly, the original tape had never been removed. So someone sent them back without ever really looking at the contents.  They are all absolutely peerfect, and really pretty.  I'm very pleased with my first AS IS

purchase. I'll definitely do it again.

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I just received my first AS IS purchase - a set of holiday bell ornaments by Valerie.  The box had obviously been retaped, but although the styrofoam was a bit crumbly, the original tape had never been removed. So someone sent them back without ever really looking at the contents.  They are all absolutely peerfect, and really pretty.  I'm very pleased with my first AS IS

purchase. I'll definitely do it again.

@Perkup  Glad you are happy with your purchase. I've had a hit or miss here and there with "as is" but for the most part I've done pretty well too.  You never know until you try and you can always send them back so sometimes its worth it.  Enjoy your ornaments!

Trusted Contributor

I've ordered "as is" items a number of times and haven't had to send anything back yet. I love the lower prices.

Honored Contributor

I've ordered many home decor and clothing as is items with the majority being in perfect condition.  If I want a home decor item, most times I wait it out until it hits as is.  the majority of the time it does.

Honored Contributor

Re: First "AS IS" Purchase

[ Edited ]

I have purchased several "as is" products, mainly handbags, Gili jackets, etc. Every single one of them have been great. One Gili bag didn't have the dust cover in it, but that was okay. I keep my handbags in a cupboard in my closet.

My as-is purchases must have been items that were used for display while being presented, worn by the models, or perhaps wasn't the right size or color for an original purchaser. I'm very happy with the lower prices!

Respected Contributor

I too have had "Good and Bad" results with AS IS purchases. Several purchases, looked and arrived like they had been kicked and used in a "Football" game...That is how bad the packages looked.  I do love however, when you score a 10 and everything is perfect along with a lower price too boot.

Esteemed Contributor

To date I have been staisfied with the items I have ordered "As Is".  My purchases have been from fashion, jewelry, and home.  The fashion items were not in original packaging, but they don't appear to have been worn at all (not even by models), so perhaps they were just used on set as props for the host to show the colors.  Among the other things some have been in the original box and others not.  For me being in alternate packaging is not a dealbreaker if the item is clearly unused and not damaged. There's nothing deceptive about it.  QVC clearly states that As Is items are not factory sealed new, and may have been opened and used by a recipient or used for on air presentations.  

Contributor

Hey, thanks for the tip.  I have been afraid in the past to order "As Is" products.  But because of your review, ---I think that I will give them a try.  Thanks again. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I wonder if any of those handbags Lisa Robertson used to toss off the set are still around at "as is" prices?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.