Respected Contributor
@country gal

Thank you!! Our fireplace is gas too. The original owners converted it from wood burning to gas. I have a fireplace screen to keep the dogs out. One dog in particular is afraid of lightning and a few times she tried to hide in the fireplace, so I got a screen.

I'm so glad I got the red trees too. I was waiting to see if they would go on clearance or lunchtime special, but they didn't. So when it got closer to Thanksgiving, I ordered them anyway. Then they sold out, but it looks like there are a few red back in stock. I bet the green look pretty too, but I thought the red would work better with my other items. Isn't it always nice when DH likes something too? Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor
@AuntG
LOL!! Yes he does. Smiley Happy

@Marsha2003 and froggy
Thanks!!
Respected Contributor
@lucymo
Thank you!
In my opinion, it does look better in person. The pic doesn't show the pretty shimmer and reflections. And now that it's nighttime and the items are lit up it looks even neater.

I'm still looking for places to put some items. I'm running out of places. I'm also running out of gas. Am going to have to quit soon and start again in the morning. Going to veg for a bit with a glass of sangria. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

@crazycockermom

Beautiful balance of elegance and whimsy! Love the stockings! I hadn't seen either of the bulb garlands during the shows I watched ...those really add a nice touch.  And I can't tell you how many times I have had ornaments similar to your sparkly green ones in my cart at HomeGoods! Unfortunately, they've wound up back on the shelf each time ... To wait for some other lucky shopper.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom

Love the mantle and those cute whimsical stockings! I know it is beautiful in the evening when lit! Great job!

Respected Contributor
@Zsazsa
Thank you! Whimsical elegance was my goal. Haha. The bulb garlands weren't presented many times. Once that I know of, but I didn't watch all of Valerie's shows. I was lucky to grab them before they sold out. Wasn't sure how I'd use them, but I really think it helped to perk up the garland and tie some of the colors together, especially to the big green ornaments. Wasn't sure how I'd use those either, but it all worked out!
Respected Contributor
@homedecor
Thanks so much! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

It looks great.  The red trees bring it all together.  I'm sometimes a little slow liking things and then colors sell out.  I really like those trees, but not sure how red will fit in with what I have.

Honored Contributor

Those stockings are adorable!

Respected Contributor
@GCR18
Thank you! If it's something I know I want, I get it. But it's happened when some things I think I want I hesitate because I'm on the fence, and then they sell out. I learned that with a few of Valerie's items. I was unsure of the red trees but am so glad I got them. They definitely fit in with my scheme. They should make them in more colors. I think they came in green and silver too.