Respected Contributor

Re: Finally sharing Christmas decor pics...

@Susan Louise...my cats would have a field day in your house knocking everything over.LOL. They quickly knocked all my living room decor into the floor, so fortunately I have a very lovely balcony off the kitchen of my apt. and moved some of my decor out there. I have a table top Christmas tree that I got from QVC two years ago, strands of lights, and several flameless candles all set on timers to come on just after dark. It's just beautiful to look at.

One of my favorite photos of yours is how you decorated the top of the frig. Very clever and unique!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank You @mousiegirl, @Azcowgirl and @beach-mom! Smiley Happy

@Azcowgirl, Those trees are from Pier One 'Jingle Bell Faux Cedar Trees, HERE is a link to the actual page...looks like they are now sold out...

The trees are fabulous, made very well - good quality, and so versatile. I see myself using them for many years to come! I got several in both sizes...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Susan Louise...my cats would have a field day in your house knocking everything over.LOL. They quickly knocked all my living room decor into the floor, so fortunately I have a very lovely balcony off the kitchen of my apt. and moved some of my decor out there. I have a table top Christmas tree that I got from QVC two years ago, strands of lights, and several flameless candles all set on timers to come on just after dark. It's just beautiful to look at.

One of my favorite photos of yours is how you decorated the top of the frig. Very clever and unique!

@catwhisperer Awwww...LOL  I know my MIL's cats love anything with tinsel...and especially love to play with bows made of tinsel. She always has to keep an eye on them so they don't choke on any bits though and hides it whenever possible...

.I'm envious of you having fur babies! We have to hold back from having pets til we move again when DH retires. This neighborhood is just not the place to have them, there is no real good/logical place to have a litterbox for a cat, and since we feed mealworms to the birds for 5 months out of the year (we have them in the basement and no way to close off the area completely 24/7), so I have to live vicariously through others who have pets Smiley Very Happy

We do enjoy our feathered friends though Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful!!!! 

Thank you for posting.

Respected Contributor

Great decorations!  The tree is unique and gorgeous.  Do you keep some of the ones that aren't only for Christmas (like the owls) up through the winter?  I would.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

P2490397.JPG

P2490398.JPG

P2490399.JPG

@Susan Louise wrote:

P2490397.JPG

P2490398.JPG

P2490399.JPG

I love this.  I also love seeing the Dennis Basso trees in use.  Mine are so pretty, lit or not.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

And here are a few close-up pics of the decor on the tree...mixture of wildlife/birds and family/vintage Smiley Happy

P2490508.JPG

P2490510.JPG

@Susan Louise 

Very pretty.  Loving the 'grassy' picks.  I've gone completely wild with the picks this year.  Picking them up everywhere and our tree is loaded with them. Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

And the rest of the pics are in our livingroom...

P2490434.JPG

P2490426.JPG

I just love the Polar Bears.  I almost ordered a second set from 'as is'.  Your decor looks so lovely.

Honored Contributor

Thank You @Mary Bailey@Ms X, and @lucymo! Smiley Happy

@Ms X , Well, it sounds like a great idea, but due to my schedule of having to get certain tasks done throughout the month of January, it just wouldn't work.

My basic schedule is the holiday decor comes down the day after New Year's Day. Then I do a complete thorough cleaning of the house...room to room...about a 10-14 day process. I then shampoo all the carpets and put out the Spring decor in our livingroom and kitchen about the 3rd week of January. 

Then I start planning our gardens...winter sowing seeds and setting up our greenhouse in the basement the last week of January. 

Everything from that point on is preparing for feeding our birds in the Spring and preparing our gardens. It no doubt seems silly for most to think about putting out Spring decor at the end of January, but for me it makes complete sense.

Whatever spare time I have, it is usually put into couponing and setting up our charity boxes in the basement too....which we do drop offs throughout the year when we have time.

I will have some birds out for Spring/Summer decor/vignettes, but not the Snowy Owls Smiley Happy

@lucymo Did you post any pics of your decor? When I have some extra time, I will have to go through some of the old threads to get caught up on some stuff here...just feels daunting since I have been away for a couple of months! If you did post pics already, can you post the link for me? I'd love to see them Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Beautiful! I especially love your white foxes. I also have a set of those white owls from last year.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004