Occasional Contributor

Christmas is always my favorite time of the year, and curious what everyones favorite decor of the holiday is? Personally I invested in a few different train sets to surround the tree, both on the bottom and the new hanging ones that float above the middle of the tree. What's fantasitic is how creative the decorations are getting each year!. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite Christmas Decor?

We just got warm weather - how can you even THINK of christmas? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Luriya, Interesting question.  I'm going to have to think a bit to remember if I have a favorite decor item for Christmas.  It should be fun to read everyone's answers.

I like your train ideas.

Trusted Contributor

Christmas is my favorite time of the year also and I always love the Christmas in July shows.  My favorite decoration is actually the tree itself.  I can just sit on my sofa and watch the tree all lit up at night, for hours.

Esteemed Contributor

I could talk about Christmas ANY time of the year! Interesting hanging train idea! My favorite decoration is the Hummel manger scene my parents brought home from Germany in the 70's.We put it on the mantel and surround it with greens, just like my parents did. I like to decorate with greens (fresh or faux), candles (flameless), and strands of lights.

Honored Contributor

I like anything with blinking lights.  It starts with the wreath on the front door.

Trusted Contributor

All I want to think about now is going to the beach this weekend!

Respected Contributor

The tree! In my house it is all about the tree. I can do without any other possible decorations, as long as I have my fabulously decorated tree!! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I do a large Dept 56 Christmas village....

Contributor

I love Christmas too and look forward to the Christmas in July shows every year. My favorite decoration is a ceramic church that has a music box that plays Silent Night. It was hand made by my Mom many years ago. She passed away a long time ago, but the church is a lasting memory of her.

i also love the tree which I change the decorations on yearly. It goes up early in November !