Honored Contributor

Re: Fall decorating completed - pics!

@Tennesseegal wrote:

@Susan Louise 

Everything looks so pretty and festive! I love the owls and the swan lamp and those gourd geese! Where did you get those geese?

@Tennesseegal  The 2 large Swan on top of the wall unit are Valerie's from about 4-5 years ago now. They were sold individually. The item # is H215304. There is still a video available you can watch even though it is sold out.

I also have a smaller set of Valerie's Swans I got over a decade ago. The item # for those is H96032

P4480734.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb wrote:

Btw...I love that first wreath (they're all nice), the one near the owl...where did you buy that?

A few years ago I got one on sale at QVC, which I don't put up in early fall because it has some beaded fruit and a little metallic...so it feels more holiday, a bit glitzy, It's more Thanksgiving time to me, rather than "early fall outdoorsy." 

I have a grapevine, more natural one, I can decorate and put out earlier...but I do love yours....the colors and all the textures, and branches and vines that spindle off it, rather than it just being evenly rounded.

@amyb  The 1st wreath is from Grandin Road - The Finley Hill Collection. I think I have had the wreath and matching candle rings for about a decade now...maybe longer. I use them every year.

If you look around the large owl and lanterns in that pic, you will see how I used some of the candle rings.

Another candle ring from that collection is in the 10th pic down in the OP.

Below is a close-up pic I took from back in 2015 which shows a similar set-up from that location in our livingroom.

Side note: I cut a couple of the candle rings so they could be more versatile Smiley Happy

P1620514.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  Each time I look at your photos over again, I see something new and even more inviting -- so lovely and creative! 

Thank you for sharing.

Trusted Contributor

My favorites are 2,3 and 4 pictures. But all of it is very well done. I especially love the cat table with cat and clock and your wreath with the pears. Thanks for sharing.
Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise  so pretty, thanks for brightening my day too.  Very nice.  I’m so ready for fall.  I love your swans and the top of your fridge is delightful!  

Valued Contributor

Can you Please come to my house and do mine??? I might just "steal" a few of your vignettes. I have the stuff to do it with, but my creativity is not so good. You could be a set decorator for VPH and she would highly approve of your designs. Now, to start digging out my fall/harvest items. You inspired me to get going and bring my favorite time of the year up from the basement and enjoy the work for 3 months. Never tire of seeing it out.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise   Your decorations are beautiful! It's a lot of work!
   I worked all day putting most Summer items away and early Fall out. I switch items yearly so they'll be a bit different. 
  Temperature is still in the 90s so I'll wait for outside until Sept 1 and more pumpkins. Then Oct 1 for Halloween. 
   I'm not doing as much this year, too many stairs and boxes!

🍁 🍂  🌻 🌾🎃

Contributor

Very lovely and comforting. Promise to share your holiday decor!

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise  It's all beautiful but I love the owl vignette best!

I haven't even thought about fall yet!

Contributor

Thanks for  posting your photos....just lovely!  I noticed the black clock in one of your photos.  Did you post a photo a few years back at Easter with the clock and a white rabbit standing next to it?