Esteemed Contributor

Your home is so lovely, inside and out.  I love your decorating style, and I can bet you are getting many compliments.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Fall decor --

[ Edited ]

@froggy wrote:

Oh, I love the canvas also!

Love your white (or cream) china cabinet. It is perfect for holiday decorating.

I'm always amazed at the number of people who DON't shop at QVC.

@froggy

I know I'm always amazed when someone notices my decor & likes something and asks me where I bought it -- 80% of the time my answer is QVC.  They ask what's QVC?  I can't imagine then again I discovered QVC from flicking channels many moons ago!

In fact, my cousin who is a avid thrift store shopper was describing her big find, etc. and of course, she told me she paid $12 for a full set of something called "Temptations"...I laughed and said "take a look in my cabinet" she was awed!  And then, she said I want those -- I said "I'll will them to you!" lol

Valued Contributor

Your home is so warm and inviting...thanks for sharing your decorating ideas. I would have loved to have seen your cousins reactions when all the  lights came on.

Honored Contributor

LOVELY!

Honored Contributor

Looks good.  I can't get enough of pumpkin orange.

Honored Contributor
@homedecor1, looks lovely. Inside and outside, very tastefully done.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone!  

And thanks for always sharing your great finds, decor ideas and pics of your beautiful homes!

Happy Fall maybe sometime soon we'll start getting under the 90s!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 - I am so happy that our temperatures have finally dropped from the 90s to the high 60s/low 70s! It would have been nice for the change to be more gradual, and the fact that we've received more rain in one week than we did in three months is a bit overwhelming, but we'll take it! Smiley Happy

Since I constantly talk about my pumpkin mania in this forum, I thought I'd finally take your inspiration and share some pictures (warning—long post coming):

punkinz1.png

=My bonus room, where I've added pumpkins to the usual collection of fruit...

punkinz2.png

=A closeup of the pumpkins, which are the Harry Slatkin pumpkin basket ceramic candle and the "super buy" Walmart pumpkin cookie jar we've discussed here

punkinz3.jpg

=The ottoman in my living room, featuring my favorite bronze pumpkins

punkinz6.jpg

=A very cool pumpkin carved out of a huge, heavy block of wood by a friend

punkinz4.png

=The signature VPH mercury glass pumpkins atop my (ahem, dusty) bookcase; they're never lit because they look much better as they are, and as you can see, the lamps in the room light them up anyway

punkinz5.png

=The little corner where I've tucked in my recent Cracker Barrel (cheaper on Amazon) stained glass pumpkin and a couple of his friends

punkinz8.png

=My dining room, featuring some Michael's finds and my new favorite addition, a gorgeous white linen runner by SARO Lifestyle (see Amazon)

punkinz10.jpg

=And finally, my stove, the autumal home of a fantastic CE cast iron pumpkin (used to make some tasty chili yesterday) and a nice towel from Kohl's

These are just a few vignettes I thought I'd share; I won't admit to how many other pumpkin lovelies may be on display in other areas of my home. Thanks for indulging me... Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc

Thanks for sharing all your pumpkin and Fall decor pics!  I have a full container of all types of pumpkins but this year I used what I could get to (spouse had surgery so no climbing/lifting for him).

Your bonus room is exactly the way I want to do the cabinets in my utility room some day.  I could use the extra storage space.

your fall decor is perfect!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@loriqvc

Thanks for sharing all your pumpkin and Fall decor pics!  I have a full container of all types of pumpkins but this year I used what I could get to (spouse had surgery so no climbing/lifting for him).

Your bonus room is exactly the way I want to do the cabinets in my utility room some day.  I could use the extra storage space.

your fall decor is perfect!

@homedecor1 - When I purchased my home, I knew immediately that I'd need to redo all the kitchen cabinets, so I decided to do a full wall of cabinets in the bonus room that adjoins the kitchen at the same time. It added a lot of character to what was otherwise just a big empty rectangle of a room and also added tons of storage space, which is helpful when you have a lot of specialty stoneware, partyware, and baking pans that need homes. Honestly, you'd think I entertained daily with all the fun "toys" I have... Smiley Wink