Respected Contributor

Just love all pumpkins. Fall means clean crisp air. From what I’ve seen this year it will be white pumpkins.

Honored Contributor

Fall is just around the corner, it's hard to believe.  I was at Giant supermarket today and all the Halloween candy was out - among them: bags of Brachs candy corn and autumn mix.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fall Pretties

[ Edited ]

@ladycos  Thanks for posting the wonderful pics Smiley Happy

Fall is bittersweet for me...

I look forward to the all the birds migrating through (I'll be putting our Hummingbird feeders out this coming weekend). I also enjoy all the rich colors we surround ourselves with, the foods and the cooler temps.

However, I loathe the shorter days and knowing shortly thereafter I'll be cooped up inside. I feel like a caged animal as early as the beginning of December.

The best day of the year for me is the winter solstice in December when the days begin to lengthen and the worst is the summer solstice in June when the days begin to shorten.

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@ladycos  Thanks for posting the wonderful pics Smiley Happy

Fall is bittersweet for me...

I look forward to the all the birds migrating through (I'll be putting our Hummingbird feeders out this coming weekend). I also enjoy all the rich colors we surround ourselves with, the foods and the cooler temps.

However, I loathe the shorter days and knowing shortly thereafter I'll be cooped up inside. I feel like a caged animal as early as the beginning of December.

The best day of the year for me is the winter solstace in December when the days begin to lengthen and the worst is the summer solstice in June when the days begin to shorten.

@Susan Louise 

Yes, there are some drawbacks to falls arrival. As much as I love it I dread the time change when it gets dark so early. I wouldn’t mind if I only had some day light hours after work to get things done. 

Seems like after the leaves fall it can get a little dreary , but I usually stay pretty busy through the holidays . ( in retail)

The longest period for me is from valentines to Easter. Seems like it takes spring so long to arrive. And most of the time it’s still very chilly at Easter .

But I do love every season in some way or the other, fall because of the crisp air, food and over all atmosphere, Christmas for the same reasons and after Christmas to just relax and not feel quilty about doing nothing if I don’t want too. Then I can’t wait till spring and summer.  That’s the cycle of life I guess and I anticipate each season with Fall and Christmas my favorites .

Oh and my Mom has her hummingbird feeders out and those birds have been fighting like crazy. So funny to watch.

sorry to ramble 

Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Fall is just around the corner, it's hard to believe.  I was at Giant supermarket today and all the Halloween candy was out - among them: bags of Brachs candy corn and autumn mix.

@ValuSkr 

I love the peanut butter kisses that stick to my teeth, haha. 

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
It’s been well over a 100 heat index for several days....can’t wait to get out my fall decorations...I may have to find that truck....

@lovesrecess 

Yikes, that’s hot. Hope you get some cooler days and find that truck. Be sure to posts some pics of your fall decor. Love fall. 

Trusted Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Just back from HomeGoods. They were putting out the first shelf of Halloween/ fall.

I have not allowed myself down the candle aisle in months- until today.

Two fall candles got me. Definitely a Want and not a Need. I did leave a couple of other items on the shelves. I needed a little Retail Therapy after cleaning house, changing bedding and doing laundry today.

@queendiva 

I can totally identify with shopping therapy. Works ever time. 

Respected Contributor

@ladycos Thank you for sharing the pictures; I don't mind your ramble. I, too, enjoy the seasons, but winter is my least favorite because of the ice, the snow, and so much darkness.

Honored Contributor

Fall is also my favorite season.  Good finds at TJM. When I go, there won't be anything.  I'll go back two weeks later and the shelves are clean.  I never seem to hit it right.  It was so much easier when work had an office by the mall, then I'd walk the store during lunch several times a week.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I've been soooooooo goood ... Home Goods & Kirkland's opened 4 weeks ago in my area.  I haven't even gone in either because I know I have no willpower🍁🎄🎅🏻🎃.

Tomorrow my gf & I are heading to At Home store to look for patio furniture but I know they have Fall things out-- This could be a problem😉