Valued Contributor

Storage is not a problem when you have a full basement under the house. About a 1/3 is unfinished with shelving, so I have all of my seasonal decor in that area. I go shopping down there and it is like going to a store, but it is getting harder every year to tote upstairs.

Honored Contributor

@nomar wrote:

Storage is not a problem when you have a full basement under the house. About a 1/3 is unfinished with shelving, so I have all of my seasonal decor in that area. I go shopping down there and it is like going to a store, but it is getting harder every year to tote upstairs.

@nomar    Sadly, most houses in the Southwest are built without basements.  You ought to see my garage.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Fall Decorating

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I live in California and have somewhat the same issue with putting out fall decor when it is still summery weather as our summer weather starts late and doesn't end until some time in October/November.  I solved the problem last year by changing my fall decor from the traditional russets and golds to white and pale green.  It still features pumpkins and gourds, but in lighter, cooler colors.

A371007B-9B2E-4D8C-9E82-960C6B81DC38.jpeg

@Marsha2003   I love your display!  I like the metal pumpkin and your coffee table, too.

@NickNackand @itsmetoo  Thank you.  The items in the display are all from Valerie Parr Hill's offerings, except the tray from Home Goods and a few extra tiny velvet pumpkins from Etsy.  The pillow is from Pier 1.  They seem to always have the best seasonal pillows.

Esteemed Contributor

We didn't have much money growing up and my Mom didn't change any pictures on the wall or do dads on the tables.

I like to decorate for Fall, Spring and the Holidays. I have it all stored  When I don't enjoy it anymore....it will all go...

Respected Contributor

I decorate seasonally and always have. I have always lived in Florida (love it) and it never occurred to me that I couldn't/shouldn't decorate for the seasons. I am creative and a bit of a free spirit so I have no problem with out of the box thinking. 

My philosophy is always to do what makes you happy in your own home. 

Frequent Contributor

As I've thought....mixed replies. Marsha2003, love your fall colors decor interpretation,  

good idea! I can see because of our current lives on pause, it would be a very good time to take advantage of cheering up our lives and homes! 

Thanks everyone for your input and ideas❣️

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@nomar wrote:

@nomar    Sadly, most houses in the Southwest are built without basements.  You ought to see my garage.

------------------

My SW garage too!   I have cleaned it out two times in ten years, but it just seems to get loaded up by some mysterious spirit!!

Trusted Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I live in California and have somewhat the same issue with putting out fall decor when it is still summery weather as our summer weather starts late and doesn't end until some time in October/November.  I solved the problem last year by changing my fall decor from the traditional russets and golds to white and pale green.  It still features pumpkins and gourds, but in lighter, cooler colors.

A371007B-9B2E-4D8C-9E82-960C6B81DC38.jpeg

@Marsha2003   I love your display!  I like the metal pumpkin and your coffee table, too.

@NickNackand @itsmetoo  Thank you.  The items in the display are all from Valerie Parr Hill's offerings, except the tray from Home Goods and a few extra tiny velvet pumpkins from Etsy.  The pillow is from Pier 1.  They seem to always have the best seasonal pillows.

@Marsha2003 

I agree about Pier 1's pillows - I have several of theirs as well.  I'm really going to miss that store.  It was one of my favorites to shop out during the holidays.  Well, any time really!

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 - Your more neutral pumpkin-scape is truly lovely! It almost makes the pumpkins seem like a springtime theme. I just may have to steal the idea so I can display all my pumpkins—including that VPH openwork metal one—more often...  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@nomar wrote:

@nomar   A few days ago,  spent all day going up and downstairs with arrms full of summer faux florals, the next day my legs were hurting.