Respected Contributor

Re: Fall Decorating ~ When will you start?

[ Edited ]

I never quite know when to put out autumn decor because it stays hot here well into October.  In fact, this week is our first hot weather this year other than a few days in the early summer.  On the other hand, I like to put Christmas decor out on Thanksgiving weekend, so unless I put autumn decor out in September, it's only out for a few weeks which seems like a waste.

I bought the cream and sage green items from Valerie's collection last year (available again this year) and that does help because the lighter, cooler colors welcome the season of autumn by their theme, but don't make me feel overheated the way all of the beautiful oranges, golds and russets do.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sakuya  That sounds lovely! I can certainly understand your desire for putting it up early this year. It will definitely bring you JOY.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Super Contributor

@Regal Bee   For many years I have had to decorate for Autumn and Harvest over Labor Day weekend because September and October are super busy months in the special events industry, so if it wasn’t out by Labor Day, it probably wasn’t going to be!  This year is different, but I realize I have grown to love my tradition of decorating for Autumn/Harvest on Labor Day weekend. 

I tend to decorate with cream/ivory pumpkins and decor in September ... add in a few Halloween pieces for October and the switch those out for a few Thanksgiving themed items for November.  Love Love Love Autumn/Halloween/Harvest and especially Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@mousiegirl   I can't wait to see your Fall tree. I love every thing you do. It will help to motivate me. Smiley Happy

@Regal Bee   I will post pictures.  It is a very slender tree, stick, I think it is called, and sparkly.  I havn't seen any pictures posted by you in quite a while, always loved seeing them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@VaBelle35 

I know I've mentioned to you I'm in Maryland.

If it gets any more humid, I'll have mushrooms growing inside.

So hot and humid this summer.  I'm looking forward to autumn...if it every gets here!

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@VaBelle35 

I know I've mentioned to you I'm in Maryland.

If it gets any more humid, I'll have mushrooms growing inside.

So hot and humid this summer.  I'm looking forward to autumn...if it every gets here!

I hear ya! @Witchy Woman   I read this morning that we've had 40 days of 90+ here so far.  I'm ready for a break.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

I plan to start September 22nd because it's the first day of fall and besides that I can't wait.  It's 116 degrees here today so fall can't come quickly enough.  Fall thru December...best time of the year.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, being that I seem to have to take a break every 15 or so min, I might start now so I'm done by fall. Smiley Happy  Gets so disgusting.  Can't do like I did when younger and heart issues don't help.  Oh, well, I guess I'll get there.......or not Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

It's been on my mind this week. I'll aim for first of September but may add a couple of soft inside touches when I open my fall bin. It's my favorite time of year.

Honored Contributor

@PreKteacher wrote:

I usually don't put pumpkin decorations out until October, but I will take down my patriotic-themed decor after Labor Day. I like to have a few weeks without seasonal decorations in between! 

I'm happy to see that I'm not alone in my disdain for summer weather! I hate the heat, LOL! 

@PreKteacher 

unnamed.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Although it will probably still be in the 90's here in Texas I will put my Fall stuff up on Labor Day (we tend to create the 4 seasons on our own)

😉😃 🎃🏈 🍂 🍁

Ha, same here in Tucson. We've had endless days of well over 100 but it's cool indoors! The season is whenever we make it.