Occasional Contributor

Fall Candle impressions set of 3 lanterns

Hello all.  I recently received my set of 3 lanterns and they are adorable.  I set them up last night with timers on and this morning they are still on.  I am so mad.  One Lantern wont turn off at all unless i take out the batteries.  This has happened to me before with their large Xmas Candles.  I ended up buying 2 sets and keeping the 1 good candle with working timer from each shipment.  Again annoying ! Has anyone else had this issue with Candle Impressions merchandise? And i am so annoyed with QVC ! How dare they sell defective merchandise.  Im going to contact CS,, 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Fall Candle impressions set of 3 lanterns

I also received my 2 sets and they are adorable.  I put mine out right away and I had one with the timer not working.  Bummer.

Occasional Contributor

Hi ! Have you decided to return the set ? Or just the 1 that has the defective timer? 

Occasional Contributor

So i decided to order 2 more sets of the same lanterns.  I am thinking out of the 2 new sets hopefully i will get at least 1 set of lanterns with working timers.  The set i have now is going back as well as the timers dont work on 2 lanterns and 1 lantern doesnt turn off at all unless the batteries are removed.  So dissapointed in QVC !

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @Jennifer L  I bought the CI winter snowflake lanterns two years ago and last year. Luckily, they all worked as advertised. I've received defective lighting products from nearly every vendor at one time or another. Seems to come with the territory of the huge quantities imported from overseas. QC is rather non-existent. Bethlehem Lights even sent me a defective product last year, and they are the best, in my experience. It shouldn't happen, but sadly it does. I always keep my packaging out and ready for a return, then I spend several days testing the product with various timers and remotes. QVC will cover your shipping if the product is defective. 

Occasional Contributor

Yes I totally agree with you.  However its just such a waste of time, energy and money on the purchasers and QVC as well.  Where is their quality control ? They need to test more before sending out merchandise to their customers.  I would think they are aware of the problems as they do get the merchandise returned often no doubt.  And i would think there are many folks who just keep the merchandise as it really is so cute rather then return it.  Long time QVC customer, since their inception.. Always thrilled with their merchandise but from now on i will stay away from Candle Impressions merchandise no matter how adorable it is.

Honored Contributor

What I do not understand is why we ever expect items we order from any company except perhaps a very small one that could actually check every single item as some local shops do so that every one sent would be perfect.

I know it's intensely fristrating to be among those who get the defective items, but of the thousands that are sold- what's the percentage that are bad?  If I'm getting a lung transplant, I'd like the percentage to be zero-  if I'm getting decorations, I will deal with it as soon as I get to it.

I can also say QVC was never perfect and neither was Valerie. I know from personal experience all the back to sometime in the 1990's!

Honored Contributor

OH man!!  I had 2 sets of those in my cart but didn't buy--am so glad!! Sorry to those who are having problems. I hadn't ordered much in tha last few years mostly because of shipping---and now this reinforces that I prob won't waste my time  and $$ here.

Honored Contributor

@Jennifer L wrote:

Hello all.  I recently received my set of 3 lanterns and they are adorable.  I set them up last night with timers on and this morning they are still on.  I am so mad.  One Lantern wont turn off at all unless i take out the batteries.  This has happened to me before with their large Xmas Candles.  I ended up buying 2 sets and keeping the 1 good candle with working timer from each shipment.  Again annoying ! Has anyone else had this issue with Candle Impressions merchandise? And i am so annoyed with QVC ! How dare they sell defective merchandise.  Im going to contact CS,, 

You've got to be kidding.  They can't check every set to make sure the timer works.  They would never ship out.

Esteemed Contributor

The thing is these items should be working properly!  You are paying for that.  I simply cannot understand why people insist on purchasing more of the same items in hopes that the next shipment will work??    Definition of insanity, sorry.