Respected Contributor

Re: FYI: Valerie Parr Hill "Red Truck"

B4C4F3F4-C1BC-47FE-B158-680556FFC291.jpegI must be extremely childish because this big red truck sits in my entry ! 😂 and I leave it out all year round ! 🥰

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Reever -- This was your original reply -- at no point did you mention your decor or what you prefer to decorate with!  

Ive never understood the fascination that grown women have in a pick up truck.  To me it is childish and not something fitting of a senior.  I will pass on the truck.  As an aside did anyone ask if she will be brining in more American made goods this year ?  Sadly she is contracting almost exclusively with the Chinese in recent years.

Honestly, I have roosters & more in my decor but why chastise others for what they like!!

Of course, everything is from China or some other country .,.its common knowledge...

I do apologize if my words hurt you in any way as I did not mean to chastise you.  Having watched many shows on HGTV I have strong opinions on decor. 

I do hope Valeirie listened to what I told her on Facebook about Chinese goods.  She is a lovely dear woman with a kind heart. 

Regardless we are all anxiously awaiting CIJ programming !

@Reever 

you didn't bother me but annoys me when others here post their opinions & more no matter what topic is taken "off course to negative remarks"... and I know you know what I'm referring to!  we are all individuals and have likes & dislikes!

For the record not everyone is a senior who participates in these forums.

I  seriously doubt VPH cares where her products originate since she's in business to sell her wares.    She's happily deposits those checks 

and I don't for one minute think she thinks twice about anything but selling and getting one to buy🙂.

Respected Contributor

@Reever You did not simply state you will pass on it you were incredulous as to why someone would buy the truck and essentially called them immature. I'm astounded at your constant negative remarks and clearly you are mostly ignored but don't you wear yourself out with your negativity?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@homedecor1 

I simply said I will pass on it. It does not match my tastes which lean strongly toward country decor, think roosters and the like.  While I appreciate the sentiment the truck offers regarding the sentiment of Americana and our great country it simply does not fit into my style of decor.  It was not a negative comment toward you.  My concern is the truck is probably manufactured in China.

===

@Reever you also assume everyone out here is a senior citizen in your original comment so you said more than you are claiming. Lots of rural kids grew up with a beat up old truck that was used in the farm fields, and here's the tie in to Christmas, to go cut a fresh tree. As far as her stuff coming from China, at least the truck is a well made product.

Honored Contributor

Be assured @Azcowgirl , you are not the one being childish and most of the other posters took her to task. Your display is very cute.

Trusted Contributor

I Love the red truck stuff.  I didn't buy the red truck but I did buy the Snow globe thing with the red truck in it for my daughter and son in law because they have a red truck.  Not so many years ago I had a red truck as well and i LOVED it.  If I could still get up into a truck I would have one again.

I think decorating with them is kind of cute and you can change the decor seasonally.

Trusted Contributor

I have 3 trucks.  A red one from Hobby Lobby, a white one

from Decor Steals, and a blue one from......I don't remember.

I have them on my back porch and really enjoy decorating

them.

Oh, I almost forgot my black truck from Wal Mart. 

So I have 4.

Black one sits in my kitchen.

I don't know why it's not part of the convoy. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Reever You beat me to the punch about the adoration about a toy red truck.  What in (blueberry hill) does a truck and Christmas have.in common.  A sleigh - okay - but a TRUCK?

There are today, more than ever, more varieties of home decor. And even holiday decor has really stepped outside the bounds of traditional. 

Of course not everyone is going to like the same things. And the red truck phenomenon isn't for everyone. 

One of the things I like about mine is the versatility. 

I don't want my house to look the same all year. I decorate for seasons, and have learned in doing so, a key to not having too much stuff to store and make it pain, is to have things you can repurpose for various holidays and various seasons. The goal is to have home decor pieces I can use all year, not have to store for months on end.

The truck thing is one of those. It works for winter, with miniature bottle brush trees, it works for Valentines day with a little bear and a heart in it. It works for summer patriotic with red white and blue themed contents in the bed (again I use an antique bear with a flag), and looks great filled with small pumpkins and gourds and leaves for the fall. It's a great piece for a buffet as well, with a mason jar of forks/spoons in the bed, and some napkins tucked in. And there are a million more uses people have come up with.

It has become as versatile as the lantern in home decor. Always usable for any season or holiday, just change the location and the things you decorate it with. It's a rustic, farmhouse, piece of folk art style whimsy. I don't usually care for whimsy in my decor, but this piece fits our country lifestyle perfectly. I have the red and the 'white' one (which is actually cream or ivory colored). 

Christmas decor anymore is what you want it to be. People are getting away from traditional Santa things and using something that has a longer decorating window, and I think that is a big part of why the red truck thing took off so strong.  That and the whole farmhouse decor thing. But I certainly don't have what the decorators call farmhouse decor, but I still love my trucks!

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Reever -- This was your original reply -- at no point did you mention your decor or what you prefer to decorate with!  

Ive never understood the fascination that grown women have in a pick up truck.  To me it is childish and not something fitting of a senior.  I will pass on the truck.  As an aside did anyone ask if she will be brining in more American made goods this year ?  Sadly she is contracting almost exclusively with the Chinese in recent years.

Honestly, I have roosters & more in my decor but why chastise others for what they like!!

Of course, everything is from China or some other country .,.its common knowledge...

I do apologize if my words hurt you in any way as I did not mean to chastise you.  Having watched many shows on HGTV I have strong opinions on decor. 

I do hope Valeirie listened to what I told her on Facebook about Chinese goods.  She is a lovely dear woman with a kind heart. 

Regardless we are all anxiously awaiting CIJ programming !

@Reever 

Good point about going to VPH Facebook and letting her know we want to see goods produced elsewhere. 

I'm not sure what power she has to make the changes, but letting both her and QVC know our desires is a good idea, and I will be doing that as well. 

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@homedecor1 

I simply said I will pass on it. It does not match my tastes which lean strongly toward country decor, think roosters and the like.  While I appreciate the sentiment the truck offers regarding the sentiment of Americana and our great country it simply does not fit into my style of decor.  It was not a negative comment toward you.  My concern is the truck is probably manufactured in China.

Face it, almost everything QVC sells -- from electronics to clothing to VPH items -- is made in China.