Honored Contributor

Re: FYI...VPH Mercury Glass Lantern H211371 is PLASTIC

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Well, I canceled mine within hours of ordering, but they still shipped them.

I can send them back, no problem and no shipping. But...I made the mistake of opening one of them!

I got ivory, and you really cannot tell that they are plastic. The MG I expected to be poorly done and see through (so many of her lit MG thing I've received have been terrible) and it is not. I expected the lights to not fill the entire lantern, but they do fill it. It has two functions, steady and twinkle.

I'm really torn, after lighting one of them, and watching how pretty it is in the dark, about whether or not to send them back. 

Anyone else get them yet and think they aren't half bad for the price? 

@Mominohio  I bought two lanterns at zulily last year that appear to be wood and the sides are not glass, knew that, and all have scenes of deer and trees, and they light up perfectly throughout, and one would not know that they are not wood.  They are not on timers, that is the bad part, but they are so light that it wasn't a problem to turn them off before I went to bed.

Do Valerie's look like metal?  They did to me.

These VPH MG lanterns are on waitlist by the way, for anyone reconsidering.

And @mousiegirl, the cream/ivory I got, does not look plastic at all to me. I had my mom handle them, and she thought they were metal, before I told her that they weren't.

The ivory is such a rich color, the painting is great (no runs, bumps. streaking), and the biggest thing I was impressed with was the MG and lights. Most MG things I have of hers can be seen through to the inner workings, the lights don't stay in place or clump in one area. Just not my experience with this product .

I only opened one, and will be opening the other one today.

I had originally ordered red as well, and cancelled. Now I'm a bit sorry I did.

What I'm going to do is see if these come back as is, and wait and get more then.