Esteemed Contributor

FREE SHIPPING SUNDAY (TODAY 9/8)!

[ Edited ]

It may not be time for trick or treaters yet, but you can definitely treat yourself...  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: FREE SHIPPING SUNDAY (TODAY)!

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc Thank you so much for the notice.  I sure could have used free shipping last week, but I have a few things left on my wish list that I can buy and take advantage of the offer.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've treated myself to Valerie's 5 ft glistening pine Christmas tree. 

Even though it is now $10 higher than the CIJ sale price was, I'm still getting a slightly better deal by saving $19 shipping.  H212738.

The Bernini fountain I bought a few months ago needs a nicer vessel than the one I currently have it in, so I ordered their planter or bowl which will match my fountain.  M62110 on clearance.

I really wanted Valerie's carved-look resin indoor/outdoor pumpkins for my front steps. H219757 and H219758.  I hesitated during their presentation because of the price.  I just read the reviews on both styles.  It seems as if they have thin spots in the resin causing them to break easily.  I had a smaller set, made with the thick and thin uneven resin, and they got holes in them during storage and also due to getting knocked over and landing one step down.  I'm so disappointed because one wrong movement and these quite expensive pumpkins will be instantly ruined.  Oh well.  I really wanted one or two, but not now.

Anyone care to share any worthwhile deals you have discovered on the website today?

Honored Contributor

I just bought a whole bunch o' stuff from clothing to Lock & Lock to microfiber towels, but mostly I love your message, @loriqvc 

Very nice wording!

"It may not be time for trick or treaters yet, but you can definitely treat yourself...  Smiley Happy"

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

I've treated myself to Valerie's 5 ft glistening pine Christmas tree. 

Even though it is now $10 higher than the CIJ sale price was, I'm still getting a slightly better deal by saving $19 shipping.  H212738.

The Bernini fountain I bought a few months ago needs a nicer vessel than the one I currently have it in, so I ordered their planter or bowl which will match my fountain.  M62110 on clearance.

I really wanted Valerie's carved-look resin indoor/outdoor pumpkins for my front steps. H219757 and H219758.  I hesitated during their presentation because of the price.  I just read the reviews on both styles.  It seems as if they have thin spots in the resin causing them to break easily.  I had a smaller set, made with the thick and thin uneven resin, and they got holes in them during storage and also due to getting knocked over and landing one step down.  I'm so disappointed because one wrong movement and these quite expensive pumpkins will be instantly ruined.  Oh well.  I really wanted one or two, but not now.

Anyone care to share any worthwhile deals you have discovered on the website today?

@SHOPR   Zulily had some sets, if I see them again, I will @ you.  I am glad you were able to get free shipping on the tree, I remember your saying you were waiting for that, and on other items.

Free shipping always comes after I have already bought what I wanted, so have never been able to use it except for today on one item.  I just bought three of Valerie's vases. one "as is," and two matching which I missed when presented,, sold out in the colors I wanted, so was on waitlist.

The waitlist was cancelled the other day, so I went to the item and they are both back in stock, so why not just send them to me instead of cancelling?  Maybe because the price changed, around $8.00 more each than in CIJ, but could have used the free shipping on them,.

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR , The last time QVC had free S&H I also purchased the Bernini planter/bowl.  I had tried to use so many other pots, bowls, etc. I had around the home - nothing worked as water was alway splashing.  I then purchased a few at stores, to only return them, as they also did not work.   I then purchased the Bernini planter/bowl that you're getting, and it worked out perfect for me!   Hope you enjoy yours too!

As for what I purchased today with the free S&H:

H212543
Illuminated Faceted Gem Hurricane with Microlights by Valerie

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl  Thanks.  I have checked different sites a few times, but not lately, including Zulily, for large outdoor pumpkins, but haven't seen much as large as Valerie's.  Hers are 12 inches tall (but very wide) and 16 inches tall. 

Of course, as we have learned, there is no telling what size they'll actually be from Zulily, because of their listing errors or absence of dimensions.  But if you see any larger ones, I would certainly appreciate the heads up.  I can't visit there often or I get into trouble! :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@BunSnoop  I am so glad that you are happy with your Bernini planter.   Like you, I also had such a difficult time finding a container to use.  Lately I've been using a galvanized metal pail, which sprang a leak.  I fixed it, but it doesn't look nice.  I am looking forward to this new planter, especially after reading how pleased you are with yours.  

Honored Contributor

Re: FREE SHIPPING SUNDAY (TODAY 9/8)!

I always sit and ponder heavily on free shipping day, as I really want to take advantage of it for things I've been wanting/needing, but I always fall short of remembering what my 'possibles' are. 

I like to pick up Lock and Lock sets, as I've done my whole kitchen over and the shipping on those multiple sets really adds up.  And even when I make a list of things I'm considering, I can never really remember when free shipping comes. 

I was considering a slightly bigger tree, and never gave it a thought yesterday! I also wanted to pick up some flameless lanterns for gifts and totally forgot yesterday too! 

I wish they did it more often. I'm guessing with the holidays coming up there might me at least a couple more before Christmas. Seems like there were several last year between September and the holiday. 

Respected Contributor

Re: FREE SHIPPING SUNDAY (TODAY 9/8)!

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

I always sit and ponder heavily on free shipping day, as I really want to take advantage of it for things I've been wanting/needing, but I always fall short of remembering what my 'possibles' are. 

I like to pick up Lock and Lock sets, as I've done my whole kitchen over and the shipping on those multiple sets really adds up.  And even when I make a list of things I'm considering, I can never really remember when free shipping comes. 

I was considering a slightly bigger tree, and never gave it a thought yesterday! I also wanted to pick up some flameless lanterns for gifts and totally forgot yesterday too! 

I wish they did it more often. I'm guessing with the holidays coming up there might me at least a couple more before Christmas. Seems like there were several last year between September and the holiday. 

@Mominohio That's why I keep a wish list here on the QVC site.  I may not end up buying everything on it, but it's nice to have a quick reference when free shipping days happen.