Honored Contributor
H217468
Candle Impressions Mirage Gold Forest Pillar, cardinals or blue jays, I bought the cardinals.

Respected Contributor

Thank you. We do not have cardinals in Alaska and I find myself buying decor. The Stellar Jay is our “blue jay”.

Trusted Contributor

Re: FOR CARDINAL LOVERS

[ Edited ]

Enjoy your cardinals. 😊

I really liked both of those, very different from the usual offerings. Especially liked the blue jays, you don’t often see that bird represented in home decor. 

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Thank you. We do not have cardinals in Alaska and I find myself buying decor. The Stellar Jay is our “blue jay”.

@traveler  We have Stellar Jays and scrub jays around here, no cardinals, so I have to buy decor in order to have them here. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

If you like cardinals, you may appreciate this:  I like to feed my wild cardinals, but the squirrels come and eat everything.  Since the cardinals are the last ones to eat before dark, I started taking their hulled sunflower seeds out at the right time.  

I had a dinner guest, and at 7:35 p.m., I said I had to quickly go to the back yard. My guest watched at I took my plastic bowl out to the feeder, shaking the bowl as I walked. After I dump the seeds on the platform feeder, I walk away. I told my guest the cardinals would appear since I called them with the noise of shaking the seeds...sure enough, they appeared like magic at the feeder.  

I do this each evening, earlier each day since the days are quickly getting shorter.

Honored Contributor

@JGalt wrote:

If you like cardinals, you may appreciate this:  I like to feed my wild cardinals, but the squirrels come and eat everything.  Since the cardinals are the last ones to eat before dark, I started taking their hulled sunflower seeds out at the right time.  

I had a dinner guest, and at 7:35 p.m., I said I had to quickly go to the back yard. My guest watched at I took my plastic bowl out to the feeder, shaking the bowl as I walked. After I dump the seeds on the platform feeder, I walk away. I told my guest the cardinals would appear since I called them with the noise of shaking the seeds...sure enough, they appeared like magic at the feeder.  

I do this each evening, earlier each day since the days are quickly getting shorter.

@JGalt  Wonderful!  I am an animal and bird lover, so I definitely appreciate your effort.  I don't have cardinals here, California birds are not colorful, wonder why., so in order to have cardinals,. I buy decor of them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl, very pretty, but a little pricey for one candle!  I love, love, love cardinals, we have them year round in the south! 

Honored Contributor

@JGalt wrote:

@JGalt  Have you seen Squirrel Buster bird feeders?  Amazon sells them.  The one I have is by Brome and is the Squirrel Buster Plus, but there are less expensive ones.  When the squirrels land on them, the holes close and they can't get the food.  The birds are so light that the holes stay open for them.  They're great!

I feed safflower seed in my hopper feeder and keep my tree limbs cut way back.  I also have a squirrel guard on the pole so they can't get to the feeder.  In my front yard I have the squirrel buster feeder.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Why don't they tell us if they're scented or not?  I cannot stand a vanilla scent on anything, it makes me sick and I've sent back, at my expense, candles because the scent was so disgustingly strong and obnoxious.

Trusted Contributor

@traveler

We had never seen a Stellar Jay until we were in Washington and Oregon a few years ago.  They are beautiful.  We have Blue Jays and Cardinals here in abundance year round.