Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

I love it all but like others have said, that first picture looks like it's done by a professional!

@itsmetoo

I put together all the items in the first picture.  I bought what  looks like a window from Hobby Lobby several years ago, the garland is from Valerie Parr Hill.  The little wreath is from Michaels, and the owl and the angel are also from Hobby Lobby. 

I change the window for the different seasons and holidays.....

13177526_1608156206172421_6591691647420497909_n.jpg

16864576_1774340516220655_6795094682727009785_n (1).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt  I love what you've done.  I especially love the squirrels.  We have so many of them running in our yard around the Oak trees looking for Acorns.

Enjoy your beautifully decorated home.  You've done a great job.

@lucymo

Thank you Lucy, normally I dont put out the Halloween stuff until October.

We have a lot of squirrels here too...Although most of the squirrels are cautious because of cats in my neighborhood. .My sister has a squirrel feeder and she gives them treats (unsalted peanuts) right out of her hand.  Her cat ignores the squirrels I think he thinks there just funny looking cats..............

@Spurt

My uncle lives in a third floor apartment with large terrace overlooking Lake Washington.  When he sat out on the terrace he started feeding the squirrels - they would get up on his knee to get their peanut.  When it got to be fall he was no longer sitting on the terrace and they wanted their peanuts - the made holes in his screen door, uprooted the plants in his pots - they were mad!

@DiAnne

OMG!!! How funny that those squirrels got revenge---holes in his screen door and uprooted the plants....WOW! Fiesty!!!!

My sister says they bang on her window if shes out of peanuts....and she tried to appease them with cut up apples and they didnt like it one bit....they're very fussy too....LOL!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt  I love what you've done.  I especially love the squirrels.  We have so many of them running in our yard around the Oak trees looking for Acorns.

@lucymo

We have a lot of squirrels here too...Although most of the squirrels are cautious because of cats in my neighborhood. .My sister has a squirrel feeder and she gives them treats (unsalted peanuts) right out of her hand.  Her cat ignores the squirrels I think he thinks there just funny looking cats..............

@SpurtI love the story about sister's cat. That cat probably thinks that squirrel is one ugly cat. Smiley Happy  We have a Yorkie and the neighbors have a black cat.  Our dog likes to chase the cat and I think the cat likes it too, he kind of teases the dog.  One day our dog was chasing the cat and the cat just stopped turned around, the dog stopped too and they just stared at each other for a second then both went home.  No more cat & dog chases, guess it was the thrill of the chase.  We don't let him catch anything because I couldn't  live with a killer dog. We follow him so he can't catch baby rabbits or anything. It's tough running after him as he is eight years old but he can still move fast.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

@Spurt

Very pretty with everything you did for fall decorating! Does it feel like fall there, yet? I don't think you'd remember, but I am from SA, some of my family live there, but I haven't had the chance to call them.

I love the rustic window in the first pic, it's my kind of decor. Your things all coordinate with each other for a nice total effect. Is that a Jim Shore angel? I like his things. I like how you brought in wildlife into the decor. 

Squirrels are cute, too. Sometimes I'm mad at the real ones here, sometime they are just too funny. I put out a bunch of grapes. At first, they didn't like them, then little by little, they started eating them, and then buried a bunch. Maybe they want me to have grapevines next year, alas these are seedless, lol. I've had squirrels perch on the overhang over the doors and I could see their shadows, knowing they are waiting to pounce on me for a peanut. Then others climb the screens of the patio doors to get me to notice them for food. The newest little ones are nervous still, but I noticed they are listening for the door to open now.

@Nomore

I so so sorry I forgot your from SA....... We were suppose to get a nice "cool down" front today....it was just delightful this morning nice and cool, but sadly it warmed up.to 86 supposed to warm up to the 90s by the weekend..Woman Frustrated..I think we have several more weeks to go before we get a real nice cool front! This one wasn't as strong as the forecasters predicted..... 

I decorated for fall because Im sick of summer and the hot weather....Thank you for your nice comments and yes that is my Jim Shore Harvest angel.  I decorate with critters because I love animals......

Those are such cute stories about your squirrels.  Maybe they buried the grapes hoping they would ferment so they could have a glass of wine to go with their peanuts Smiley Wink    That is so funny how they watch for you, climb on the screens and wait to pounce on you....LOL!!!!  And I bet there's acorns all over the ground too....but NO they want their PEANUTS!!! LOL!  Too funny!

Take Care! 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

@SpurtI love the story about sister's cat. That cat probably thinks that squirrel is one ugly cat. Smiley Happy  We have a Yorkie and the neighbors have a black cat.  Our dog likes to chase the cat and I think the cat likes it too, he kind of teases the dog.  One day our dog was chasing the cat and the cat just stopped turned around, the dog stopped too and they just stared at each other for a second then both went home.  No more cat & dog chases, guess it was the thrill of the chase.  We don't let him catch anything because I couldn't  live with a killer dog. We follow him so he can't catch baby rabbits or anything. It's tough running after him as he is eight years old but he can still move fast.  lol

@lucymo  My Golden Yorkie is like that, so she is on a leash until I put both of them in their large play area where they can't chase/kill anything.  She is disobedient, lol, the male is very obedient so he can be loose as we walk the property.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

@lucymo  My Golden Yorkie is like that, so she is on a leash until I put both of them in their large play area where they can't chase/kill anything.  She is disobedient, lol, the male is very obedient so he can be loose as we walk the property.

@mousiegirl Well, we think of our dogs as babies and don't want them to be killers.  How old is your yorkie?

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

@lucymo

Thats a cute story about your dog and the cat (my sisters cat happens to black, and my 2 are Tuxedos--black/white).  Thats cute how they teased each other....and then stopped and went home....LOL!!!  

I had put out food for a couple of feral cats (these are very wild and can't be caught to try to find homes)..I live near a field and green belt that contains quite a few critters---deer, racoon, possums, and a few coyotes have been spotted......Anyway, I put food out and some Possums were walking up towards the food, and cats were coming from eating the food, they stopped stared at each other and went on their perspective ways....I bet they thought each other was a strange looking member of their respective species.....LOL!!! 

You are a wonderful animal lover to make sure your pup doesn't harm other animals...and hey if you have to keep up with your Yorkie that's good exercise you don't even need a gym membership Smiley Wink  ...................

Animals are fun.....Cat Very HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

@mousiegirl Well, we think of our dogs as babies and don't want them to be killers.  How old is your yorkie?

@lucymo  Five and the male mix is three months younger, give or take, both rescues so info is iffy.  That girl has a mind of her own, drives me nuts, lol!  She likes cats we have some come here to take a nap.  I don't know why they all come here, must know I am a cat person at heart. Smiley Happy

I have always had cats, dogs,. and rabbits, at the same time, only two dogs now.  With these two hyper dogs, I can't get a cat as I have enough to do, but I long to cuddle a cat.  When DD was riding, I got my cat fix with the barn cats, no fix now. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

@mousiegirl @lucymo

A neighbor had a sweet Yorkie named Cocoa, ......I used to give her treats and pets.....sadly the lady and her Yorkie moved away...  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

@mousiegirl @lucymo

A neighbor had a sweet Yorkie named Cocoa, ......I used to give her treats and pets.....sadly the lady and her Yorkie moved away...  Smiley Sad

@Spurt  I just posted on this thread my longing for a cat, cat person at heart, but two fiesty dogs at my age wth everything else I have to do around here, is all I can take, lol.