Esteemed Contributor

Re: Enough with the Christmas shows!

I love Christmas!!!!

However, bombarding customers with all of the shows is not appealing to me.  I feel the same way with the stores already being decorated before Labor Day.  Yes, I shop yearround for gifts.  I buy when I see something that would be perfect for someone.  Just seems to me that retailers everywhere want to be first in line to get your money.  Then, the closer it gets to Christmas, the lower the prices get.

Honored Contributor

This is just a guess about the vast percentage of the people that complain about early Christmas shows.  They are some of the same people that order on December 18th, then rage on the boards that QVC ruined their Christmas because the items didn’t arrive on time.  

They will also blame the hosts for saying, “it will still arrive in time for Christmas!” I prefer planning early rather than relying on a sales pitch, which is impossible to guarantee.  Unless that host will drive or fly it to my house to personally deliver it — and skip the myriad of warehouse problems and unreliable delivery companies at Christmastime — I plan early. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. I SO agree with you!  I know more than a few loyal viewers who are turning the channel when you’re trying to sell winter holiday items during the summer months.  Most folks don’t want to be reminded of winter and the accompanying snow and cold when summer has a few more weeks to be enjoyed...even the “early bird” shoppers I know really dislike this ridiculously early selling.   Enough with the Christmas trees and the holiday set themes.  I guess business must really be down to start peddling holiday items this early and continuously...but to a lot of viewers it’s a huge turnoff.
Esteemed Contributor

If you don't like any show on TV you usually turn to another channel and that includes QVC.  Problem solved!  

Honored Contributor

I can't help but wonder, if some people's TV sets are broken and stuck on only the 1 channel? It's one day, you folks will survive. Tomorrow it will be back to the same old "fashion", makeup, mattresses, vacuums, etc.
I get it, you don't like today's programming. Personally, I don't watch the programming at all, no matter what they are selling, I just look online at what has been aired. It works for me. To each their own.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@Mapshopper   Maybe where you are from most folks don't want to be reminded of winter and want to enjoy the rest of the summer. But where I am from with weeks and weeks of 90-100 degree temps. most folks here are dreaming about the winter. I particularly like to watch Christmas shows while it is so hot. A girl can dream can't she?

Respected Contributor

Omg... I’m laughing inside.. I was JUST gonna enter a new thread with this SAME subject title!!    July is OVER!  Why Xmas ALL day in August??  

No offense but I Can’t stand it!! 

Honored Contributor

And I feel the same way about the ENDLESS beauty shows, mattresses, vacuums, computers, and shoes... I think the Christmas shows are a nice change of pace...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Mapshopper wrote:
  1. I SO agree with you!  I know more than a few loyal viewers who are turning the channel when you’re trying to sell winter holiday items during the summer months.  Most folks don’t want to be reminded of winter and the accompanying snow and cold when summer has a few more weeks to be enjoyed...even the “early bird” shoppers I know really dislike this ridiculously early selling.   Enough with the Christmas trees and the holiday set themes.  I guess business must really be down to start peddling holiday items this early and continuously...but to a lot of viewers it’s a huge turnoff.

I don't think you can find a single viewer of QVC that doesn't have a certain category of merchandise they find 'a huge turnoff'. So what is a retailer to do? 

Take a poll, and the top 3 'hated' categories simply eliminated? 

They kind of already do that.

It's all about the money. QVC, and any other retailer, is going to air and sell what they make money on. 

So there must be plenty of paying customers who find holiday programming in the middle of the summer a huge 'turn on', or they wouldn't be doing it year after year, and expanding it like they have.

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Omg... I’m laughing inside.. I was JUST gonna enter a new thread with this SAME subject title!!    July is OVER!  Why Xmas ALL day in August??  

No offense but I Can’t stand it!! 

@Skyegirl21   One day a month you can't stand?  Can't you find something to do on that "one" day?