Esteemed Contributor

Re: Enough with the Christmas shows!

@xryretriever wrote:

I am so tired of Christimas shows. We've been watching them since July. I don't even watch them in November and December. Enough already.

@xryretriever  You really need to post this to Community Chat or Q Talk or Suggestion Box. I totally get it. I am so SICK of fashion, cosmetic, shoes, handbags, jewelery, cleaning products, I could scream! I wait for holiday shows every year. They come as a balm in my overheated Summer. And I start thinking about family gatherings for Thanksgiving dinner and my grandchildren coming to our house for "Second Christmas." My Pandora starts playing Christmas music in July. The set decorations and the items for sale get my creative juices flowing. I don't buy much, but I revel in it. I hope you understand there are some of us Christmas crazies out there, and QVC throws us a bone every July and August. Well, maybe longer than that. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I guarantee it they would not have these Christmas shows if they didn’t bring the money in. In the meantime I like spreading my purchases throughout the year, and deliveries have gotten more unreliable in November and December.

I have already purchased food items to be delivered to family members in December. One less thing to worry about.

Respected Contributor

they should only air what i want.  me me me!

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Valued Contributor

07571CAE-13AF-4DAC-B494-4C0897A96846.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I guess you know how some of the rest of us feel, when we scan all three QVC channels and find fashion on them all, or beauty on two and fashion on the third. 

QVC beats to death fashion, beauty, shoes and handbags all year long. 

Sorry to tell you, you are going to have to share the air time with other things that are obviously big sellers, like holiday shows, or they wouldn't air them. 

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@xryretriever wrote:

I am so tired of Christimas shows. We've been watching them since July. I don't even watch them in November and December. Enough already.

@xryretriever  If your intent was truly to make a demand from QVC, you would have posted this in the Suggestion Box of Q Talk forums. However, the fact that you posted it here suggests that your intent was just to antagonize people who come to this forum to discuss holiday-centric subject matter. It’s low and childish behavior.

What is the world is this post all about. It seems to me the OP dislikes Christmas shows period. So she can post that opinion where ever she wants to post it. Why the over the top serious reply? I happen to enjoy the shows, but I have no problem with the OP's dislike of the shows. Did I miss something here???

The point is that this Holiday Forum is for the people to discuss holiday programming, decorating, celebrating etc. It's ok to give an opinion about what you want to see, what you like or don't, what you buy or don't, and why, for it all here. 

But if the OP really wants QVC to know her preferences, there are several other forums here to make the point and they will be quicker to hear it. 

Coming here to whine and moan about holiday things QVC does, or about the people who like and watch holiday stuff, is kind of like going to the pet forum to simply post "I hate dogs". I guess you can do it, but what's the point?

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

One day of the same thing is too much. But this thing with Christmas maybe do one day in July for those that think they need Christmas in July but not every month through December, And those of you that buy gifts crazy early just wait until you lose a love one & are stuck whit their gift that they are no longer here to enjoy.

@CLHS68 

Please explain how this is any different than all day clothing events and other events they hold? 

I see you feel, and a valid point for sure, that all day anything is too much, and I can respect that. But every other category of things QVC sells is sold all year long, and if you actually added up the shows per year, most of them get many many times more on air hours than holiday stuff. 

And if you take into account that the holiday decor shows are only in July, a day or so in August and Sept and all but gone by October as they switch to 'gift' shows that are just the same stuff they sell all year,but in prettier boxes, I don't at all see how this is any kind of hardship for viewers of any kind. 

If we could demand QVC limit certain programming types, I'd vote that Susan Graver gets too much time with the same old 'liquid knit', and I want it to stop. But instead, I just don't watch or shop during those times

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@MaryLamb  So if I am reading this correctly, this is the second time the poster complained about the Christmas shows.  Well I bet that will make the QVC management sit up and take notice!  Surely they will say to each other that if this person only complains about the Christmas programming, then it has to stop immediately!  (LOL)

Maybe instead they can send her a new television with remote.  I always use mine when I don't care to watch what is on the current channel.

Valued Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@MaryLamb  So if I am reading this correctly, this is the second time the poster complained about the Christmas shows.  Well I bet that will make the QVC management sit up and take notice!  Surely they will say to each other that if this person only complains about the Christmas programming, then it has to stop immediately!  (LOL)

Maybe instead they can send her a new television with remote.  I always use mine when I don't care to watch what is on the current channel.

@hellodali  My point in posting this was to show that the last time she addressed this subject she stated that she did what any reasonable person would do when QVC shows programming they don’t like - she simply doesn’t watch. So, the fact that one month later she is changing her tune and demanding that the network cease showing Christmas shows seems like she’s just looking to be caustic and stir up trouble. 

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@hellodali  My point in posting this was to show that the last time she addressed this subject she stated that she did what any reasonable person would do when QVC shows programming they don’t like - she simply doesn’t watch. So, the fact that one month later she is changing her tune and demanding that the network cease showing Christmas shows seems like she’s just looking to be caustic and stir up trouble. 

@MaryLamb  Ah -- thanks.