Honored Contributor

Enesco Holy Family with Donkey

Hello, I went to Hallmark today for some Christmas cards for special people and of course I browsed to see all of the things that the store had that I never knew I needed Woman Happy

On a bottom display shelf I saw this Jim Shore piece with a Jim Shore box behind it.

Image result for jim shore heartwood creek white woodland santa

Next to the Jim Shore Santa I saw this with a Jim Shore box behind it:

I believed it could be a Jim Shore piece because there were various textures in Joseph's and Mary's clothing.  The occasional rhinestone is scattered on the piece, which I thought was odd for Jim Shore.  Something about this piece just hit me at a visceral level.

Hallmark had it for $68 and even though I had a 20% off coupon I held off to check online to see if I could get it cheaper.

Imagine my surprise when it didn't show up as a Jim Shore Holy Family.  It's part of the Enesco Foundations Collection and the artist is Karen Hahn.

I wonder why it comes in a Jim Shore box and is marketed as a Jim Shore piece.  Karen Hahn did a beautiful job and the sculpts of Mary, Joseph and Jesus' face are beautiful - she should get the credit.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Enesco Holy Family with Donkey

@Bird mama   I love the Holy Family.  I'd like to have that.  I'll bet it doesn't come in a Jim Shore box.  I'll bet the store set up the display incorrectly.  Did the box have the Holy Family pictured on it?  It doesn't look like a Jim Shore piece at all.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Is it the Flight into Egypt?

Honored Contributor

To be honest, I didn't pick up the box behind it and really look at it @NickNack    I would have snapped it up in a NY minute if it didn't have the rhinestones scattered on it.  

Honored Contributor

Yes @traveler 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

To be honest, I didn't pick up the box behind it and really look at it @NickNack    I would have snapped it up in a NY minute if it didn't have the rhinestones scattered on it.  

@Bird mama   I did read where you mentioned the rhinestones but wasn't thinking about that when I said I'd like to have it.  I wouldn't want it with rhinestones either.  Otherwise it's beautiful.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link to another site

Honored Contributor

Boy, I can see why you were so struck by the Enesco piece, @Bird mama..   It has just a beautiful, tranquil feeling to it....

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   if you saw Joseph's face in person you would fall in love with this piece.  I have a soft spot for Joseph because he wasn't a young man when he took Mary's situation on.  I write this with respect - Mary being pregnant with Jesus was a situation Woman Happy

In this particular piece, Joseph looks so happy.  I have no idea why someone thought it was a good idea to bling out a representation of them fleeing for His life.  There was nothing sparkly about it and it's such a powerful piece.  If you didn't know the story and saw it in the store, you'd feel it's power.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

Inspired by the song..."like a rhinestone cowboy?"Cat SurprisedCat LOL