Honored Contributor

Re: Effects of Jill’s Departure

@Reever wrote:

I wouldnt be surprised at all if Jill lands at a Home Goods or Pier One store. She can continue to work with home decor and take part time work so she can still be at home for family. A family friend took a retail position at Williams Sonoma years ago and enjoyed it.

@Reever.  I really doubt if Jill is going to go from a QVC salary to a Home Goods salary. 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Have to wonder if the decision to give David the Down Home Show Thursday night while Jills home show got rmoved to Q2 in a bad time slot was the last straw.  

Also, Jill Martin with GILI getting into a lot of home decor which QVC will promote with a lot of shows.  (This will not interest me at all.  Don't care for theh GILI line.)

Honored Contributor

Many are mentioning potential retirees as Mary Beth and Dan Hughes.  Jane T. and Pat J. D., have also been at QVC many years.    Personally, I hope they all stay for a long time.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Many are mentioning potential retirees as Mary Beth and Dan Hughes.  Jane T. and Pat J. D., have also been at QVC many years.    Personally, I hope they all stay for a long time.

Very concerned we will lose the precious Mary Beth soon.  Not a fan of Pat's at all. Always felt like Pat was coniving.

Valued Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I wouldnt be surprised at all if Jill lands at a Home Goods or Pier One store. She can continue to work with home decor and take part time work so she can still be at home for family. A family friend took a retail position at Williams Sonoma years ago and enjoyed it.

Yes, I could see this happening. Jill would also make a wonderful greeter at Walmart. She is very warm and friendly, and she always has a wealth of information about products she sells. She would be easily able to point shoppers in the right direction.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I can't see Jill Bauer going for her mega bucks salary at QVC to a $12 an hour job at some store in the mall.  

Esteemed Contributor

Q still has Shawn and Jill Martin's good taste

.q

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Yes, I could see this happening. Jill would also make a wonderful greeter at Walmart. She is very warm and friendly, and she always has a wealth of information about products she sells. She would be easily able to point shoppers in the right direction.

@MaryLamb  Forgive me if you're being serious, but do you really see Jill as a Walmart Greeter???

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@MaryLamb  Forgive me if you're being serious, but do you really see Jill as a Walmart Greeter???

@Caaareful Shopper .  Hope that was a joke! LOL

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  Sure, why not? The world is her oyster!