Honored Contributor

Re: Effects of Jill’s Departure

I watched Jill's farewell show last night and here is my take way, for what it is worth.

Good show, but why can't QVC do one of these shows where there isn't a bunch of selling, but more old clips, bloopers, guests saying goodbye etc. Even just a half hour of walking down memory lane with clips and tributes would be nice, instead of so much selling and very little reminiscing.

Though  it very odd her family not there. But will admit she may have asked for it that way, to help her keep her composure. Just strange but I didn't see a video from her husband. One from her kids (cute kids!), but I didn't see one from husband (did I miss it? was it there?).

I wish more of the old hosts had been there in person. Mary Beth, Dan Hughes, Carolyn Gracie, Jane Brown, Leah, and Pat James Dementri (sp). It would be really cool as these older hosts retire if some of the long term former hosts could come back to say goodbye as well (Lisa Mason, Lisa Robertson, Dan Wheeler). 

I'm anxious to see what she does next. And I'm not looking forward to the other long term hosts leaving, as it really is only a matter of time, I'm sure. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio
I’m sorry I missed Jill’s last show (I haven’t been keeping up on things), but it doesn’t sound like I missed much. Were any other hosts there for her final show?? I wonder if I can see it somehow.

If there wasn’t a big to-do, even an small to-do, that makes me wonder if she’s not leaving on good terms, or if they were trying to push her out. They were already giving her crummy time slots and changing her schedule, etc.

She used to annoy me, but grew on me and I will miss her and her professionalism. Some of the newer hosts I just can’t watch. And sad to say, the older we get, the more likely it is that more of the other long-terms hosts leave too, which I totally understand, but I don’t like it. I don’t like change, lol, unless it’s for the better, and I’m not happy with the way things are headed.
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@Mominohio
I’m sorry I missed Jill’s last show (I haven’t been keeping up on things), but it doesn’t sound like I missed much. Were any other hosts there for her final show?? I wonder if I can see it somehow.

If there wasn’t a big to-do, even an small to-do, that makes me wonder if she’s not leaving on good terms, or if they were trying to push her out. They were already giving her crummy time slots and changing her schedule, etc.

She used to annoy me, but grew on me and I will miss her and her professionalism. Some of the newer hosts I just can’t watch. And sad to say, the older we get, the more likely it is that more of the other long-terms hosts leave too, which I totally understand, but I don’t like it. I don’t like change, lol, unless it’s for the better, and I’m not happy with the way things are headed.

@crazycockermom   I thought the show was very nice, and many hosts were shown in clips telling her what they thought of her.  I have never seen a send off like hers.  I wonder if being a friend of David's helped.  Apparently, she made many friends with vendors through the years.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl
Well that’s nice to know! She deserved a nice send off. 😊
I wish I had seen it!
Regular Contributor

Jill not aTeam player.  Only good when she worked alone.  Let’s be real.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regarding a QVC host's departure from QVC I say enjoy them while they are on QVC, and wish them well if they announce they will be departing.

Life goes on, and needs do change, TV Hosts come and go, such is life....

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Alberti is too young to have an eye for decor. That comes with age. I know in my 30s I was not at a point in my life where I appreciated and understood that there is an art to decor. I believe older women have an edge on home decor.

Poppycock!!!!!!  I hope you don't hold a position in HR!

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@Mominohio

@crazycockermom 

So glad to 'see' you! I don't get on here as much as I used to, and I rarely see posts from you. With CIJ coming up, hopefully we both will be back on here more for a bit!

I can imagine after  years of the odd schedules these hosts (even the long term ones) are asked to keep, and you consider the number of hours of work that have to happen off air for them to be good at their jobs, I can't fault them for being ready to move on. It's kind of a young person's field, or for someone who doesn't have a family they want to keep schedule with. 

I'm not looking forward to the bound to happen loss of the more long term hosts. There are few of the 'new' hosts I care for. 

I will admit that in my beginning time with Q (probably like  years ago), I didn't care for Jill that much. Thought she was a little arrogant. I really feel she grew and changed when she got married and had a child. 

I've always appreciated her attention to detail, and I love a host that will tell me what something isn't. She is good at letting us know what it won't do, or if we like/dislike something, this product might not be for us. Not many hosts are that forthcoming. 

I'm really not looking forward to CIJ without her and YHJ shows. There really isn't anything else similar, and that is leaving a huge hole in home decor/holiday programming as far as I'm concerned. 

I just have to wonder how many more years Valerie is going to keep doing what she it doing. She seems so vibrant and happy, but has had two hip replacements, and I'm sure with her boys growing up, and nearing traditional retirement age, she could easily be gone is a few years or less. I certainly hope not, as all we will then see will be whimsical light up stuff, and things geared to people with toddlers! LOL

LIfe move on (much to our dismay! LOL).

Honored Contributor

@Puggirl wrote:

Jill not aTeam player.  Only good when she worked alone.  Let’s be real.

I don't see her as not a team player, at least not in the last 15 years or so. 

I do see that she is one of the few hosts that doesn't need a vendor to sell. She is very detail oriented, can sell anything they offer by herself, and cover all the bases we need to know about the product. I liked YHJ for just that reason. Not always a nonstop parade of vendors to be bantering with and fake kissing!