Honored Contributor

Re: Effects of Jill’s Departure

Late to this topic:

I never thought Jill was all that great when it came to home shows or decorating. It reminded me of the kind of stuff you do out of a craft magazine or Michael's....I don't know. Just kind of blah. Lisa R and Alberti, however, different story. 

That said: I think Lisa R and Alberti use professional decorators for their decor. I know Alberti has mentioned the woman he uses a few times in his facebook videos. Still, their look says "decorated" vs Jill's which was more "casual comfort".

Linda Dana did amazing home decor shows. Valerie, to me, is all  about "stuff".Adding some things here and there. At the same time, HOW to use these small things is what keeps me watching because she has amazing ideas.

Last: someone commented on Alberti and fake flower lady from England and how he acted over the top with her. This woman is THE PRO when it comes to fake flowers in the UK. She has spent decades working and finally producing fake flowers that are so real you have to touch and smell to see if they are fake, they are THAT good. Big on the garden club circuit, she knows her stuff.When in England, I would see her items on QVCUK and wonder why we can't  get them in the US.  She also sells them in the best stores all over the  UK.My in-laws have her products in their homes since they travel and can't take care of them. Let me tell you this: what she brought to QVC US is NOTHING like the amazing arrangements she offers in the UK.I was very disappointed to see what they offered; looked tacky to me. However, the quality is A++ so hopefully , more of her line will be available here going forward.

Valued Contributor

On Facebook, someone told Jill that they hoped she would be producing her own home goods line, and Jill saiid that was not in the cards.

Esteemed Contributor

So many mentions here of Alberti. I haven’t seen him much. When I have, he’s so breathless I don’t enjoy watching. 

I think Jill has been one of the better hosts. I hope she enjoys the next phase of her life. 

As far as mentioning her DH’s colonoscopy is concerned, it’s the “hush hush” attitude that kills people. Maybe her mention of it will remind or encourage a reluctant man to schedule his own. 

Keepin' it real.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Late to this topic:

I never thought Jill was all that great when it came to home shows or decorating. It reminded me of the kind of stuff you do out of a craft magazine or Michael's....I don't know. Just kind of blah. Lisa R and Alberti, however, different story. 

That said: I think Lisa R and Alberti use professional decorators for their decor. I know Alberti has mentioned the woman he uses a few times in his facebook videos. Still, their look says "decorated" vs Jill's which was more "casual comfort".

Linda Dana did amazing home decor shows. Valerie, to me, is all  about "stuff".Adding some things here and there. At the same time, HOW to use these small things is what keeps me watching because she has amazing ideas.

Last: someone commented on Alberti and fake flower lady from England and how he acted over the top with her. This woman is THE PRO when it comes to fake flowers in the UK. She has spent decades working and finally producing fake flowers that are so real you have to touch and smell to see if they are fake, they are THAT good. Big on the garden club circuit, she knows her stuff.When in England, I would see her items on QVCUK and wonder why we can't  get them in the US.  She also sells them in the best stores all over the  UK.My in-laws have her products in their homes since they travel and can't take care of them. Let me tell you this: what she brought to QVC US is NOTHING like the amazing arrangements she offers in the UK.I was very disappointed to see what they offered; looked tacky to me. However, the quality is A++ so hopefully , more of her line will be available here going forward.

@SahmIam :  Who is the vendor with the amazing arrangements?  Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

You might think I'm crazy, but I think Jill is going to partner with Valerie Part Hill. I could see Jill and Valerie sharing the shows or maybe Jill having her own show.
Valued Contributor

It would actually make a lot of sense if Jill took over for Valerie when Valerie retires. Valerie has introduced Jill to some of her vendors over the years, and they helped Jill develop the products she says she designed. While customers would be devastated if Valerie announced her retirement, I think they would find comfort in hearing that the mantel would be passed to Jill.

Valued Contributor

@MaryLamb @benni 

VERY SMART !!!

Regular Contributor

Alberti is doing a bunch of food shows that have just started

I don't think they will be giving him any home decor shows anytime soon

I really don't think they renewed Jill's contract and she had no choice

She had mentioned at the end of last year she wasn't going anywhere

In April she announces she is leaving. Something happened, and for her

family to not be on her last show seems to me to be they were not thrilled with

the way she had to leave QVC.  Just a thought

Honored Contributor

@benni wrote:
You might think I'm crazy, but I think Jill is going to partner with Valerie Part Hill. I could see Jill and Valerie sharing the shows or maybe Jill having her own show.

@benni 

Not crazy!

I've thought the very same thing since I first heard in April that she was leaving. I know she and Valerie have worked together on a number of things, and thought she might go to work for/with VPH in some capacity. 

Jill designed the Temp-tations pattern Vintage Grace, and I had hoped she might get into designing dishware too, as she really made me happy with that particular line. I'm still mad they didn't 'finish' it with more pieces.

What ever she does, I"m guessing it will be months if not a year before she either gets into it, or tells publicly about it.