Contributor

Re: Effects of Jill’s Departure

Jill will be back.   It is funny that she is now taking time to spend more time with her family since she indicated her step daughter is off to college and her son is in high school.   Should have spent more time when little.  

Jill always thought she was Martha Stewart but she got all of her recipies and craft ideas off of Pinterest and when she did shows with home decor.  She moved one item being sold to another area and called it decorating.

She had ice in her veins for some of the vendors and it was very apparent.  You obviously could see the vendors she liked.  The biggest annoyance was her always saying, no matter what the product  "Love It"   "love it"   "love it"

She has connections as to getting vendors on the show.  Guaranteed she will be back either as a vendor for Home Decor or selling her own goods.

Look at Dan Wheeler, he left and now he is a spokes person for food products.

Jill will be back, she likes the camera.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Alberti is too young to have an eye for decor. That comes with age. I know in my 30s I was not at a point in my life where I appreciated and understood that there is an art to decor. I believe older women have an edge on home decor.

@Reever 

Alberti did some wonderful videos on his Facebook Page from his home on Christmas decorating and one for decorating your dinning room for Easter too....they were very good and very informative....JMHO but he does have talent for decorating and seems to enjoy it...and many Q viewers enjoyed his talents too...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Jill’s son is only 13. I think she has a few years left with him at home. He just became a teenager. It not like he is  leaving tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

Just found out about Jill leaving. I am so sorry to hear this. I have always enjoyed her shows and presentations......she is on point, which I totally appreciate. She mentions her family but doesn't dwell on stories and such which I find frustrating. I also think she is talented in the field of decorating.

I will surely miss her and wish her the best.

Honored Contributor

@bdoby wrote:

Jill will be back.   It is funny that she is now taking time to spend more time with her family since she indicated her step daughter is off to college and her son is in high school.   Should have spent more time when little.  

Jill always thought she was Martha Stewart but she got all of her recipies and craft ideas off of Pinterest and when she did shows with home decor.  She moved one item being sold to another area and called it decorating.

She had ice in her veins for some of the vendors and it was very apparent.  You obviously could see the vendors she liked.  The biggest annoyance was her always saying, no matter what the product  "Love It"   "love it"   "love it"

She has connections as to getting vendors on the show.  Guaranteed she will be back either as a vendor for Home Decor or selling her own goods.

I was mostly a stay at home mom, but I certainly don't judge other mothers who choose to work, or which years they choose to be home more. 

Her daughter is a step. So I'm guessing she was only there part time all those years. And after being a stay at home mom myself, I can say we want to be home when they are little and in those formative years, but honestly, the teen years can be so much more in need of closer parental scrutiny. The bigger they get, the bigger the problems and issues they confront.  

I agree with you that there is a real probability she will be back. Jane Tracey did it. Lisa Mason tried to come back, but health issues stopped her. And Dennis Basso has a rep that used to be a host that is on when he isn't. I'm drawing a blank on her name right now. 

I kind of expect Jill to return, or should I say I hope she will. But when you have a really demanding job, and you get away from it, you sometimes don't realize how 'bad' it was (as in how hard, how much time, how much of other life you were missing) until it is over, and then realize you never want to go back there. 

I guess time will tell. But still, I'm not happy to see long term hosts going. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio   I think the Dennis Basso rep is Lena Mackelwain.  Sorry if that last name is spelled wrong.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Alberti is too young to have an eye for decor. That comes with age. I know in my 30s I was not at a point in my life where I appreciated and understood that there is an art to decor. I believe older women have an edge on home decor.

@Reever 

I couldn't disagree with you more. 

Honored Contributor

@bdoby wrote:

Who are any of us to judge her (or any working woman)?  

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@bdoby wrote:

Who are any of us to judge her (or any working woman)?  

If Jill didnt want the spotlight she could have kept this all private and simply walked away from the job. These hosts are egomaniacs. They love the limelight. Its the nature of the beast. Many people depart from companies with no fan fare. They tell Human Resources they want to be out the door without a farewell or long goodbye. One day they are here, next day they are gone.  Jill wanted the attention.

Respected Contributor

I missed Jill's announcement she was leaving QVC.  I must admit, I'm shocked.  

Is there a particular reason or just early retirement?