Honored Contributor

Re: Effects of Jill’s Departure

Probably MBR and Dan Hughs will be the next to go. I am not a big fan of major changes but it is bound to happen with age.

Occasional Visitor

very disappointed that Jill is leaving. Now do not get me wrong I understand her desire to be with the family HOWEVER WITH THE DEPARTURE OF LISA ROBETSON jill did pput a different twist to the big Christmas Shows bringing in different types of decorations perhapsone might say bringing it to the general everday persons level.  Slthough I miss Lisa's approach to decorationg as well.  I would like to suggest that Alberti take over these shows as he seems to have decorating knowledge and a sense of how to make things beutiful.  It is funnyone gets so used to one type of presentations from one hostone does not know how it feels when theyleave.  I know that I miss Lisa Robinsons Christmas show so much.

I hope MaryBeth and Dan don't follow suit and leave.  I was sorry to see Sjaron and Dan Wheeler leave but I have seen him on a coiuple gourmet shows representing one of the companies.  If his plans didnn;t work out come on back.

i know that QVC has bought HSN but I still like the presentations on QVC so much better Hardly ever sh0p HSN  so I like to keep the warmth that I feel when watching QVC

Honored Contributor

QVC is missing out if they don’t give Alberti a decorating show. The decor shows are really the only thing I ever watch.
Honored Contributor

Oh, please.  I like Jill too but her leaving will have absolutely no effect whatsoever on QVC or on shoppers.  Jill hasn't been a major player in terms of hosting for several years.  I rarely see her because she does home and food shows and she's not a major player in those areas.  Perhaps Alberti will get more shows, he's fantastic.  The real deal.  

Honored Contributor

@JYWilliams 

Without a doubt, we'll see a couple of more older hosts leave to "spend more time with their families".  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree, why wouldn't someone who has been successful and managed their finances well want to retire in their 50's when they still have their health, mobility, and energy to enjoy living and doing fun things? Being critical of those who want to spend time with their families is sad. The hosts have large beautiful homes and love to travel. Not everyone sits in a 2 bedroom condo with a goal of working until 70.  Most of them have large yards with pools and some have summer places on the shore, I think you are jealous.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh, please.  I like Jill too but her leaving will have absolutely no effect whatsoever on QVC or on shoppers.  Jill hasn't been a major player in terms of hosting for several years.  I rarely see her because she does home and food shows and she's not a major player in those areas.  Perhaps Alberti will get more shows, he's fantastic.  The real deal.  

@chrystaltree  You say Jill hasn't been a major player for years. Do you know 

how much time she requests to work, the amount of sales she makes for QVC,

the amount of shows she has done in 25 years? Those things are none of our 

business.

Jill's leaving is a big loss to QVC. Many here will miss her!

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree  You say Jill hasn't been a major player for years. Do you know 

how much time she requests to work, the amount of sales she makes for QVC,

the amount of shows she has done in 25 years? Those things are none of our 

business.

Jill's leaving is a big loss to QVC. Many here will miss her!

Whatever....    

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree,what do mean whatever? Another snarky remark, you are so insecure. Nastiness is an ugly trait. 

Honored Contributor

@threecees, you are so right, she will be missed by many who enjoyed her presentations. Low key, articulate, knowledgeable. I'm glad she will be able  to spend more time with her mom, Trevor, and Doug. Time passes quickly. Her daughter will probably be home for the summer which will give them all time together.