Valued Contributor

Effects of Jill’s Departure

When Jill leaves, we will lose one of the biggest champions of the home decor and holiday shows at QVC. Luckily, Valerie will still be around, but there will be fewer shows and offerings because of this loss. I wonder if QVC will finally allow Alberti to have his own show? I certainly hope Valerie doesn’t have any plans to retire soon.

Respected Contributor

Re: Effects of Jill’s Departure

They might cut back on decor shows and add more electronics shows.

I will miss Jill a lot. 

Respected Contributor

I haven’t been around lately. When did Jill announce this. What did she say?
Sometimes she irritated me, but she grew on me and she was good at what she did. A shame she is leaving.
Trusted Contributor

@MaryLamb 

I think they will just have fewer home shows.  They clearly aren't a priority for QVC anymore.  They never really replaced Lisa Robertson's higher end holiday shows.  QVC has changed so much in recent years and more so all the time.  More of the same thing over and over and over.  They've become not much more than an infomercial with their long TSV presentations shown multiple times a day.  I seldom watch or buy anymore.

Honored Contributor

Jill will be missed , wishing her,

http://animatedimagepic.com/image/good-luck/good-luck-6707.gif

Trusted Contributor

I'm so upset to see Jill go.  She has been my favorite host for a long time now.

I'm kind of shocked that she made this announcement.  She was just celebrating her 25 year anniversary (wow!) and made it seem like she was going to stay for a while longer. 

The home shows are always my favorite.  I know they really built up her YHJ being on 2x a week on QVC2.  Katie McGee (sp?) is her sidekick, right?  Maybe they will give the show to her.  I just don't know what to make of it!

Either way - I wish Jill the best and I hope she knows she will be missed.

Valued Contributor

Less and less home decor shows.  More and more beauty, Susan Graver & Logo.  Same product lines on HSN & QVC.  Unprepared silly hosts and stale products.  Run, Jill, run QVC isn’t the same. I’m surprised MaryBeth with all her children out of the house doesn’t retire.  QVC is now 3 nights of Happy Dance and a home show.  The offerings on his home show are the same old/same old.  Stuck YHWJ on Q2 and he has a home show on the main channel.  Primping, dancing, screaming that’s the new host.  Shawn, Amy & Kerstin started it and it’s continued to go downhill.  A modulated Katy McGee is a rarity and she’s stuck in the background.

Honored Contributor

I predict more changes coming.   

Respected Contributor

I'm clearly not QVC's target audience and haven't been for several years as I cannot stand the yammering, screaming hosts that rarely provide the product specifications amidst their inane sales patter.  

Respected Contributor

Sorry to see Jill leave. I wonder if more of the older hosts are gonna retire. So many new faces.