Respected Contributor

a family member wants to have Easter at her home.im wondering if its still not safe.most of the ppl who would attend,have had their vaccine shot.i,have not been so lucky to get one,so I'm on the fence with this.i did attend a anniversary party a few weeks ago,but the place was huge.easter gathering will be at a small house.

Honored Contributor

It is said "herd immunity" is around 55% if that helps. 

I might go if I knew the others were careful with who they are around in their normal day.

Honored Contributor

There were millions of people who gathered for Thanksgiving and Christmas that did not  get Covid...and many that did gather and did get Covid.

In order to get it, it must be passed to you by an infected person.  if you have 20 people in one room and no one is  infected, you are safe.  If one person is infected, chances are, they will  pass it to at least one other person and possibly more.

I spent the holidays with my kids and grands....10 of us.  I also see them occasionally in my home.  

I did not gather with other members of my extended family.  They did gather without me and mine for both holidays. In the large group who gathered was two doctors, a nurse and a medical student, a physician assistant and two pregnant neices.

No one got Covid.

It's a personal decision and no one can tell you it is safe or not.

Esteemed Contributor

During pandemic, we're deciding what works for us and trusting reasonable people will understand. (I'm getting used to stepping back from unreasonable people and naysayers) We owe no one explanations. We're going to hide Easter eggs in the backyard and our son and family in town will find the eggs. Folding $$ included in eggs. Will be fun to watch from the sidelines. We'll watch from the deck. Also my hubs' birthday. We'll buy an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen to send home with them. Win/win.

If we do our creative best to offer win/win situations, then that's the best we can do.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Just my opinion, but you're so close to that point when you won't have to worry.  Covid is unpredictable.  Most of the people with whom you'll gather have been vaccinated, but not all.  Why take the chance?  I'd vote no for this year unless you live in a warm climate and can be outdoors.  My family has to make the same decision in a few weeks.  I think we're going to keep it small for a little while longer just to be on the safe side.

Esteemed Contributor

Only you can decide how comfortable you feel gathering with others. I wouldn't give advice because everyone is different. Go with what you think best for yourself. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I never understand posts asking if it's OK...

If you're comfortable @Luvsmyfam  why ask "our" permission and opinions!!!  

Life is short -- we've played by the rules much too long, IMO, so for me (vaccinated first day they offered them) I'm living life and putting the rest in God's hands --

Happy Easter🐰🐇💐

Esteemed Contributor

I will gather but I will still wear a mask. No vaccine is 100% effective! 

My concern is not the people who gather but who they might have been in contact with during the week. 

Some of mine aren't very careful about who they see and where they shop!  Especially the younger ones!

Honored Contributor

If you have not been vaccinated and you are gathering with any unvaccinated persons you have a risk of contracting the virus. 

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I never understand posts asking if it's OK...

If you're comfortable @Luvsmyfam  why ask "our" permission and opinions!!!  

Life is short -- we've played by the rules much too long, IMO, so for me (vaccinated first day they offered them) I'm living life and putting the rest in God's hands --

Happy Easter🐰🐇💐

I so agree. Only we know what is ok for us. If you want to ask someone ask a trusted doctor or someone else you trust and think has good sense.