Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I never understand posts asking if it's OK...

If you're comfortable @Luvsmyfam  why ask "our" permission and opinions!!!  

Life is short -- we've played by the rules much too long, IMO, so for me (vaccinated first day they offered them) I'm living life and putting the rest in God's hands --

Happy Easter🐰🐇💐

Nothing in life is without risk. Both my DH and I go out in public and gather with all our friends who are also not fearful. He is vaccinated, I am not and do not intend to be.

Honored Contributor

If anything is a indication that people are returning to some "normalcy" the sound of "Happy Birthday" being sang next door on the lanai with about 14 family and friends (and cars from other states) would be the indicator!!!

I knew they were having a 86th bday for my neighbor today. They are snowbirds and their kids/grandkids/great grandkids are here for the the celebration. (They did invite us but of course, we declined).

I know their sons are doctors and her daughter is in the medical field so I would bet they are all vaccinated.

Respected Contributor

McCracken? After reading opinions from everyone,I have decided to not attend family gathering.if event was outdoors,I would go.soooooooo,I can wait another yr for easter.

Respected Contributor

Easter. Not asking anyone for permission to do anything.im just asking for opinions froggy.isnt this community or friends section for chatting?my bad if not!

Honored Contributor

We are friends with a lot of members of a large family, and very close to one of the sons. They all gathered for Thanksgiving- safely, but inside. No one there had any pre-existing conditions, and one of the kids (23) had recovered from it. 

The dad (we knew him) went into the hospital in December. We were concerned after a week when they were thinking of putting him on a ventilator, and relieved when they decided not to. He seemed to be doing better and everyone was encouraged. Two days before Christmas they put him on. He died Christmas morning. 

Everyone has to do what he/she thinks is OK when it comes to gathering with others. I've been tempted. But until DH and I both get vaccinated and things are looking better I will NOT go inside a house where other people are gathering. 

Valued Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

Just my opinion, but you're so close to that point when you won't have to worry.  Covid is unpredictable.  Most of the people with whom you'll gather have been vaccinated, but not all.  Why take the chance?  I'd vote no for this year unless you live in a warm climate and can be outdoors.  My family has to make the same decision in a few weeks.  I think we're going to keep it small for a little while longer just to be on the safe side.

I have 2 son in laws who don't get the flu shot and are not getting the covid shot. my grandchildren go to school. sure my hubby and I will be getting our second shot march 25 but you have to wait another 2 weeks to be protected. I hope the weather will be on the warmer side but I doubt it.