Frequent Contributor

Re: Easter/Seasonal Decorating

I feel the same way.  I think the weather here has had an impact on me   Very few sunny days and more snow on the way for the official "First" Day of Spring next week. Smiley Sad  Although I probably should do something because my house looks a little weird with winter/snow things and a Valentine's wreath still up.

Respected Contributor

I used to do it up for every holiday, but I have donated everything but my autumnal/Halloween/Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations.  

I may sometimes put out candles that fit the season, but that is about it.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@Hooty

Yes, I feel like that sometimes too. It's especially hard to get motivated this time of year with winter dragging on & on.

Honestly, I get a lot of my motivation to decorate HERE. When I see the beautiful pictures the Ladies & Gents post, it inspires me to do the same. It's way harder when there aren't a bunch of holiday pictures posted.

Esteemed Contributor

@redwingsgalwrote:

I used to do it up for every holiday, but I have donated everything but my autumnal/Halloween/Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations.  

I may sometimes put out candles that fit the season, but that is about it.

Autumnal/Thanksgiving decorating is my favorite to do.  Favorite time of year, too!

Super Contributor

all I plan to do is to put a spring wreath on the front door once St Pat's is over.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntGwrote:

I've got all my Easter decorations out, few that they are.  Talked to someone today who has 13 plastic storage containers for Easter alone. On top of that, she is taking down her Christmas tree tomorrow (March 14). What a pack rat.

@AuntG

I have a friend like that person you wrote about she is just the biggest procrastinator her Christmas stuff got put away the end of February.....She rented a storage room right across the hall from her apartment and she has plenty of storage bins...no excuse!  

..I do have lots of Christmas stuff, but after Christmas I get real antsy and have to put it all away....I dont like that big project hanging over my head........

I have some nice Easter/spring decorations but they all fit nicely into one small box., I put them all out the end for February...so easy to put up and take down..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

Those Easter Towels are beautiful....love 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

This time of year I'm busy with gardening - body is too sore to deal with inside

decor. Smiley Happy  So far I've only put out my spring table runner, a few Jim Shore pieces, wreaths,

and fill up my little red truck with some candy Easter eggs.  No matter how sore I am, I can open a bag of candy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Hooty  I also know how you feel. Here in eastern PA we are awaiting yet another noreaster bearing snow next week! I have a spring door decoration waiting to go out, but I'll be darned if I'm going to subject it to all that wind and snow! Note the gloves and hat next to the lilacs.

Spring Door Decor.jpg

Respected Contributor

@gidgetghwrote:

@panda1234wrote:

@gidgetghwrote:

@panda1234wrote:

@gidgetgh

Love your towels. I have quite a collection myself. Did you get them from Zulily?

@panda1234- I got the one on the right last year and the one on the left a few weeks ago.  Both were bought from two different local (Atlanta) gift shops.

@gidgetgh  Saw similar ones on Zulily. If you don't shop on Zulily you should check it out, owned by QVC.

@panda1234- thanks, I'll check them out today.  Like I NEED another online shopping option, LOL.

The towels are both pretty mainstream.  Both gift shops (30 miles apart from each other) carried them.

@gidgetgh  Just be careful, Zulily is very addictive.