Honored Contributor

Re: Easter/Seasonal Decorating

Although Easter is my favorite holiday, as far as decorations go, they are usually quite subtle.  I did do a little something on my dining room table this year.

First, I put two pale, bleached wooden candle pillar holders with fat candles.  Have some cream colored and pastel wooden eggs I put in a round rustic bowl.  For fun I perched a tiny wooden hen on top of the eggs, looking absurdly small. There's also an old, grass green antique bunny teapot, and my blue and white rooster pitcher.  A spring barnyard theme?

That's usually about the most I would do for Easter decorating, but as the holiday approaches, I might be moved to do more.  I agree that it does depend on mood.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhippedwrote:

I think I feel a bit that way every time I change out from one holiday to the next. But, like you, I have tons and tons of decorations (for all occasions) and I feel like a real loser if I don't get them out and use them...and enjoy them! I did Easter about a week ago. All the Valentine's came down and the Easter went up. I'm pretty slow at this point in life so it takes me awhile. And when all the "stuff" is laying around all over for a day or more it gives me anxiety. Crazy, I know!!! In the throws of it I just want to run away, forget about it, and not look back. Ha! But when it's finally done and everything is organized, I do truly love it. And I've finally started taking pics of the decorations so I can duplicate it the next year. That's been one of my biggest problems. I can't remember from year to year how I styled it so I'm starting from scratch each time. Having the pics to look back on should help with that problem. 

I rambled on with all that to say you are not alone. 

@pupwhipped  I take pictures of my displays every year, they are never the same from year to year, for posterity, lol.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hooty  I began decorating for Spring two weeks ago, but havn't done much since then until today, always sluggish during Winter cold, grey, rainy days.

I am going to put a few Easter items in one display, but not the lavish displays of past years, and the other display will be Spring

I am hoping that I will feel more like decorating when Summer comes along, usually sun gives me more energy and enthusiam, but there is so much to do in the house this year, so am trying to not go as overboard as I usually do

Honored Contributor

@Hooty

Im on the backend of a home remodel & update. I put a few things out which were handy in my closets.  I have 2 containers of Easter but not taking them out & no family coming this year.

I've had my St. Patrick things sitting here to be put out and I don't think i will.

Ive got to be in the mood!  

Honored Contributor

Thanks ladies you all make me feel better!  We had 80 degree temps in Feb. and now that March is here, it has gotten cold again, plus we also have had many dreary wet days, and yes the sunshine helps me a lot!  I am in my late 60's and I just don't have the energy I once had either!

Honored Contributor

Many people here love decorating and overdo it by most standards.  This puts pressure on others who don't do as much; you feel as though somethings wrong with you.  Don't feel badly; if you're not in the mood just don't do it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I just put a giant carrot decoration on my front door..........I wonder if the neighbors will "get it".......................not that I much care.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdiwrote:

I just put a giant carrot decoration on my front door..........I wonder if the neighbors will "get it".......................not that I much care.

@Desertdi. The neighbors will probably think this month's meeting of Wayward Wabbits is being held at your place.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

@Desertdiwrote:

@Desertdi. The neighbors will probably think this month's meeting of Wayward Wabbits is being held at your place.

@Kachina624      Or maybe a vegetarian birthday party...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Here is the extent of my Easter decorating. I had Valentine dish towels out in February and then changed to these. 

Other than Christmas decorating (which is pretty minimal), seasonal/holiday dish towels is as decorated as I get!  

A33327BA-232F-4A8F-9B15-9B19C96D153A.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?