Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My great aunt used to make a lamb cake shaped like the one @Desertdi  posted.

Her's had shredded coconut on the frosting and it laid in a bed or tinted green grass of more shredded coconut. 

Plus there were little jelly beans scattered all through the grass. We would sneak in the dining room and steal the jelly beans before dinner was even served.

@Lucky Charm : I never tried to do the lamb cake. I baked a cake and decorated the top with the green coconut and jelly beans . Then took pipe cleaner and covered it with ribbon and shaped it like a handle to look like an Easter basket. My Mother always purchased from our local bakery the small Easter egg decorated cakes and had one for each family member on the dinning table.

Honored Contributor

I'm making two dessert options:

Keto Cheesecake w/Fresh Mixed Berries 

Sugar Free Flourless Chocolate Cake w/Fresh Raspberries 

Valued Contributor
We’re having a cheesecake with blueberry topping, a carrot cake, apple pie, and a variety of fruit danishes.
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Desertdi 

Sadly, I don't have my grandmother's coconut cake recipe.  She had one of the first Sunbeam mixers, which I can't imagine a two layer cake coming from!

I know the coconut was fresh, I saw it in the kitchen but the Bakers is really great now.  She apparently did the 7 Minute Frosting.  She didn't make bakery icing, never.

@ECBG   My Mother had a Sunbeam also. Smiley Happy  It got a workout as she had a huge sweet tooth.

Honored Contributor

I usually make carrot cake for Easter, but both of us are watching our blood sugar this year, so no dessert, boring.  Yams with melted marshmallows will be all the sweets we will have.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I usually make carrot cake for Easter, but both of us are watching our blood sugar this year, so no dessert, boring.  Yams with melted marshmallows will be all the sweets we will have.

@mousiegirl 

Do a mixture of fresh fruit and mellon and top with cool whip or whipped cream.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Do a mixture of fresh fruit and mellon and top with cool whip or whipped cream.

@ECBG   Good idea, but since I am trying to lower my blood sugar, I couldn't eat it, and DH will probably just have ice cream.  He isn't supposed to eat any sugar either, but he does, and is on a med for it.  Most fruit causes blood sugar to rise, blueberries don't so I eat them.

I never had a problem, but I think because I ate quite a few donuts one week, lol, very rare for me to do that, I had a spike when I went for the regular blood panel.  It has dropped quite a bit in the last two weeks, but needs to go lower so the doctor will be satisfied, I don't want to go on any medication.

Respected Contributor

@mamaslittlepotato   what time should I be there?  😂😂😂

I think I am getting a cherry pie.  I’ve been pretty good the last few weeks.  I not making it homemade though.  Happy Easter ladies! 

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@mamaslittlepotato   what time should I be there?  😂😂😂

I think I am getting a cherry pie.  I’ve been pretty good the last few weeks.  I not making it homemade though.  Happy Easter ladies! 

@lynnie61 

Love cherry pie! 

Esteemed Contributor

My dessert is ready. Picked it since it’s refrigerated and it will be nice and refreshing.

757538CD-60E4-45D7-A8BB-2C3BBC57810D.jpeg