Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

You ladies are wonderful for jumpstarting my spring decor. Now please send me checks and gift cards so I can purchase all the beautiful things in my vignettes! Lol

i have collected some nice Easter pieces and instead of placing on the mantle, think I will put my ducks, bunnies, chicks, and fancy eggs into a scene with a lovely basket (have) as the centerpiece. Maybe put a large wreath around the basket with flower picks and antique linens. I will figure it out. Fun!

@SunValley

Post pictures when you pull it all together! Sounds wonderful!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

After a long dreary winter I'm ready for some brighter colors in my decor.  I have quite a few nice bunnies, some white and some with colors but all work well with spring flowers, garlands and wreaths.  It's such a pretty time of year with all the flowers and trees in bloom so I love to decorate for Easter.  I'm already thinking about how much I want to do and with still having some Christmas left to take to storage it's a little difficult but I'll be ready when the time comes around.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo

Do I remember correctly, about you saying something about downsizing some of your Christmas decor soon? I thought you said maybe when it comes out next year?

I think we know when we've had enough and don't want to keep juggling so much anymore! Do you have certain things in mind or are you going to 'ponder' it till then?

I donated two boxes at the beginning of December, and while I am storing most all the Christmas in the rooms it decorates, I still have a 'Christmas Closet' in the spare bedroom that I'll be tackling here this month. It houses a big tub of things that are my son's (most were gifts from his grandma when he was little) just saving them till he get's his own place, and my ornaments and my decorative boxes. I'd like there to be very little else in there when I'm finished (my one little box of Easter is there too). 

I'm waiting on more of those Kano storage zip front boxes. I ordered two sets and used them in other closets, and thought how great they'd be for a lot of the things left over in my Christmas closet. I should be creating enough room in there to move my Christmas dish towels in as well (and that is another out of control mess...right now they are taking up two dresser drawers!). Ordered them like three days ago and they still haven't shipped. Feel like I'm at a stand still, waiting on those and my Origami shelves for the basement.  Just working on small jobs in the meantime.

@Mominohio  Hi, hope you are all doing well in the new year.  I just can't seem to find time to get on here these days, too much going on in my little world but hoping things will level off soon.

You remember correctly, I am donating more Christmas decor before the season rolls around again.  I have already donated more than most people have but I just keep bringing in more.  When I start decorating for fall I will also take the Christmas decor to the Gospel Rescue Mission as it should sell better at that time of year.  I want them to get as much money as possible for it as they provide food and help for the needy in our area so I stored the decor until then. Yes, I know which decor is going, some that I only used this past season that I just don't love when it is displayed.  You know what I mean, I'm sure.  Smiley Happy

Sounds like you are really working on getting organized and I admire you so much for that.  I sure hope to get there one day soon, too much baggage can really weigh down our lives.  If I passed on today, I feel sorry for my  kids sorting through all my 'stuff' because they like a more minimalistic home decor approach so don't want most of mine.

Please post back when you have received all of your storage pieces and how they helped you.  We can all use some good storage ideas.

Honored Contributor

I love decorating for Easter, love all the bunnies, flowers and pastels (everything dead comes alive again)!  Easter comes late this year, but I think I will have to start decorating earlier!

Frequent Contributor

Love your pix @Mominohio!

Honored Contributor

Take a walk through Pier 1.  Everything is gorgeous.  I don't wear pastels or decorate with them.  A couple years ago, I bought one bunny.  It was a little pricey.  Last year it fell off the window sill.  I tried to glue it and got frustrated and threw it out.  I saw it on the pier 1 site the other day and ordered it.  I also ordered a set of bunnies on zulily. They looked like they are made out of cement, but they aren't.  I'm going to put them on the front porch, then move them into the garden for the summer.  That's it for me for Easter decorating.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Take a walk through Pier 1.  Everything is gorgeous.  I don't wear pastels or decorate with them.  A couple years ago, I bought one bunny.  It was a little pricey.  Last year it fell off the window sill.  I tried to glue it and got frustrated and threw it out.  I saw it on the pier 1 site the other day and ordered it.  I also ordered a set of bunnies on zulily. They looked like they are made out of cement, but they aren't.  I'm going to put them on the front porch, then move them into the garden for the summer.  That's it for me for Easter decorating.

I have noticed some rabbits this past couple of years @GCR18, that are more 'neutral' and I find them quite pretty. One in particular I saw is holding a lantern. It was pretty pricy, but I would buy something like that if I found it reasonable. 

We don't have a P1 anywhere near us, but I will check online, so thanks for that idea!

Honored Contributor

Pier 1 has 20% off with free shipping right now on their website.  You have to sign up with their rewards program.  You can do that on the website.  

@Mominohio

Super Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Pier 1 has 20% off with free shipping right now on their website.  You have to sign up with their rewards program.  You can do that on the website.  

@Mominohio

Yes, today is the last day.. Also, depending on the color of your Pier 1 card you get double or triple rewards.. I was there yesterday & I should be banned from that store.. I have to really watch what I'm spending bc I love most of their items.. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN VALERIE WILL BE HAVING HER SPRING SHOW???.. I didn't see it in the program guide & I also checked her fb page to see if any mention of dates.. Maybe I'm just rushing the season.. 

Honored Contributor

@classic wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

@Mominohio

Yes, today is the last day.. Also, depending on the color of your Pier 1 card you get double or triple rewards.. I was there yesterday & I should be banned from that store.. I have to really watch what I'm spending bc I love most of their items.. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN VALERIE WILL BE HAVING HER SPRING SHOW???.. I didn't see it in the program guide & I also checked her fb page to see if any mention of dates.. Maybe I'm just rushing the season.. 

@classic  Valerie will be back on 1/24 PST and 1/25 Eastern time, it's in the program guide.  I don't know if she will have spring items, but she may. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Vintage postcards and cards.  I love them.Bunny and chicks.jpg