Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio

I love decorating for spring and I have been looking at Pinterest for ideas.  Pier 1 has some Easter/spring things out.  Thank you for the pictures!

Honored Contributor

Those are all very pretty. Yes Pier One has some nice Easter and Spring items, I was looking at them on their site when I was looking at Christmas clearance.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the inspirational pictures @Mominohio.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't do much in Easter decor because I don't care for the colors or the somewhat juvenile look of much of what I see out in the stores. 

So I googled elegant Easter Decor and came up with some stuff that makes me want to do some decorating!

b+Bunny+and+floral+centerpiece_wm.jpg (1600×1060)

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't do much in Easter decor because I don't care for the colors or the somewhat juvenile look of much of what I see out in the stores. 

So I googled elegant Easter Decor and came up with some stuff that makes me want to do some decorating!

@Mominohio  Well, you know that I am about whimsical, so Easter is pastels and lots of white bunnies, and spring flowers, oh, and Easter eggs. Smiley Happy  I will post pictures this year, didn't get around to it last year.  I love this picture.

Honored Contributor

@newjerseygirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio

This picture is from a blog I follow:  Between Naps on the Porch.

You might want to take a look at the blog.   Susan, the woman who writes the blog, has some lovely deorating ideas, especially tablescapes.

@newjerseygirl

I've seen that blog a number of times, but then I totally forget about it! Thanks so much for bringing it up, because I love to look at all her pretty pictures, and I had totally forgotten about it....again!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

I can't wait to see what you do for Easter! Your decor is so all consuming and it is so easy to get lost in all the fantasy and detail. I'm so glad you share the pictures and all your hard work with us!

Esteemed Contributor

I tend to agree with you. When my children were small and at home, whimsical was great, but I actually prefer things now like you have posted. I do very little for Easter, but your pictures are inspiring me. Ruh-Roh !! Smiley Wink

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

After a long dreary winter I'm ready for some brighter colors in my decor.  I have quite a few nice bunnies, some white and some with colors but all work well with spring flowers, garlands and wreaths.  It's such a pretty time of year with all the flowers and trees in bloom so I love to decorate for Easter.  I'm already thinking about how much I want to do and with still having some Christmas left to take to storage it's a little difficult but I'll be ready when the time comes around.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

After a long dreary winter I'm ready for some brighter colors in my decor.  I have quite a few nice bunnies, some white and some with colors but all work well with spring flowers, garlands and wreaths.  It's such a pretty time of year with all the flowers and trees in bloom so I love to decorate for Easter.  I'm already thinking about how much I want to do and with still having some Christmas left to take to storage it's a little difficult but I'll be ready when the time comes around.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo

Do I remember correctly, about you saying something about downsizing some of your Christmas decor soon? I thought you said maybe when it comes out next year?

I think we know when we've had enough and don't want to keep juggling so much anymore! Do you have certain things in mind or are you going to 'ponder' it till then?

I donated two boxes at the beginning of December, and while I am storing most all the Christmas in the rooms it decorates, I still have a 'Christmas Closet' in the spare bedroom that I'll be tackling here this month. It houses a big tub of things that are my son's (most were gifts from his grandma when he was little) just saving them till he get's his own place, and my ornaments and my decorative boxes. I'd like there to be very little else in there when I'm finished (my one little box of Easter is there too). 

I'm waiting on more of those Kano storage zip front boxes. I ordered two sets and used them in other closets, and thought how great they'd be for a lot of the things left over in my Christmas closet. I should be creating enough room in there to move my Christmas dish towels in as well (and that is another out of control mess...right now they are taking up two dresser drawers!). Ordered them like three days ago and they still haven't shipped. Feel like I'm at a stand still, waiting on those and my Origami shelves for the basement.  Just working on small jobs in the meantime.

Respected Contributor

You ladies are wonderful for jumpstarting my spring decor. Now please send me checks and gift cards so I can purchase all the beautiful things in my vignettes! Lol

i have collected some nice Easter pieces and instead of placing on the mantle, think I will put my ducks, bunnies, chicks, and fancy eggs into a scene with a lovely basket (have) as the centerpiece. Maybe put a large wreath around the basket with flower picks and antique linens. I will figure it out. Fun!