Esteemed Contributor

I got some cute Easter bags and am going get some goodies to put in them for my four great grandchildren.  I'm probably more excited to do this than they will be to get them Smiley Happy  But it's fun.

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3  I think creating those Easter surprises is more fun than Christmas stockings! At Christmas there is so much going on, and the stockings are sometimes kind of an afterthought. However, at Easter, the baskets (or bags) are there waiting for them without any other gifts to distract them. The only problem is deciding if they can sample the candy before or after church. Smiley Frustrated Have fun with your creations!

Honored Contributor

Since my grands are spread out across the USofA, I just order their Easter baskets from Swiss Colony.

Years ago CVS use to have these huge Easter baskets filled w/goodies & stuff rabbits.  I would hit CVS early in the morning, purchase them, lug them all to the P.O. for them to box & ship - 1 day delivery.  Ahhhhhh, those were the good old days.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

This time of year (Easter) I'm reminded about the part I played with the Easter bunny.

We have a tree in our front yard.  That's the same tree my3 girls were always taught to run to in case of fire.  Yes, we did fire drills.

But at Easter it turned into a magic tree that had 200 colored eggs hanging down on strings.  They were filled with toys and candy.  The baskets were hidden inside of the house.  There was a toy in the basket.

Back to the tree.  After my girls would go to sleep I'd carry down to the sliding doors and lay out the eggs that I'd filled and taped  string to each of them.  Did I mention there were 200 filled eggs?

I'd set my alarm for 4:00.  I'd tip toe down to rec room and carefully load up the eggs in my wheelbarrow and...you guessed it...stroll to the magic tree.

Do you have any idea how tedious it is to tie 200 eggs on a tree?  Meanwhile my husband was running around in the yard hiding eggs that were filled with...come on guess...what's left....money.  

Then my girls would wake up running all through the house looking through the windows spotting eggs in the yard.

My husband followed the girls around, video in hand.  I have videos of everything.  Videos from the first dance rehearsal at 2 years old.

I was told by my daughter's pediatrician to put the kid in dance class.  She needs to be aware of her legs, her feet and hands he told me.

The kid was always running into walls, falling, tripping.  I saw her once when she was 3, sitting on a bottom step, falling over, hit her nose and walked around with 2 black eyes.

Her nursery school 3 year picture has my little angel in the most beautiful dress, hair in pigtails and ribbons with 2 black eyes.

Once she was running thru the house.  She tripped and her teeth went through her tongue.  Daddy took her to the emergency room .  Her tongue was sewed up.  My husband called and said, "We will be a little late, she wants pancakes"

What can I say, the kid loved pancakes!

My three girls danced (toe, ballet, tap, and jazz) for 13 years.  Multiply all those costumes times 3 for 13 years.  Yep!  That's a lot.

I remember once during a recital, there was quiet in the auditorium so the next class could get ready.  Suddenly the was a very loud thud coming from behind the curtain...a second or two later we heard an even louder.."ouch"...then another voice (an adult) say, "that's gonna be a big bruise".

You get one guess who that was...if you said daughter number 1..you'd be right.

Well, daughter number 1 is now 47 and yes, she's still having boo boos.

She get her klutzy from her Dad ( chain saw and face for another day).  We won't talk about all of my falls.

That's my Easter story.  I still live in the same house...memories and all.

Respected Contributor

I still make an Easter basket for my now 16 year old daughter,  I like picking out the candy I put in it.  I search for 1 perfect chocolate bunny every year.  I pick it all in the same Easter basket that was mine when I was little.  I probably enjoy it more than she does but I'll continue to do this as long as possible.

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I still make an Easter basket for my now 16 year old daughter,  I like picking out the candy I put in it.  I search for 1 perfect chocolate bunny every year.  I pick it all in the same Easter basket that was mine when I was little.  I probably enjoy it more than she does but I'll continue to do this as long as possible.

@ScrapHappy   I hear ya.  I still do it for my daughter and son and they are even older.  Some traditions I still hold on to.  🐰🐇🐣🐤🐥🍫🙏

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I did baskets for my kids when they were little too--and they were so thrilled with all the little "stuff" and candy I found for them. My 40 yr old DD still giggles when she remembers them---and would prob love one again

Valued Contributor

@Patriot3  I have 4 grown children and creating their baskets were so much fun! I found some unique vessels on Etsy that I used other than the traditional baskets. I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Have fun! 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 : Precious memories. Thanks for sharing.🤗♥️

Honored Contributor

I finally tossed out our two Easter baskets which had to be over thirty years old. I'll still buy some candy for our candy dish.