Respected Contributor

Re: EASY ON THE BUDGET FALL "CRITTERS"

@Oznell  Now you did it.Tomorrow I will have to get out and shop.Should not have opened this thread.Darn.LOL

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, @hellie jo --  I well know the feeling!   You know you'll have fun, though...

Super Contributor

Oh dear!  I'll be heading to Big Lots after work today, thanks for the post @Oznell, these are adorable.  I agree, just the right touch of whimsy.  I love little creatures Smiley Happy

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

Oh, good, @Catlady Nicole -- another intrepid "researcher" heading out into the field, ha....

Super Contributor

Ha @Oznell , when you put it like that I feel like I'm contributing to the greater good by shopping!!  I really like the decor at Big Lots and recently got this little wall hanging.  I am a home body and it's absoutely perfect for me Heart

happy place.jpg

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

Oh, @Catlady Nicole, sweet!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell : your post sent me to my local Big :Lots today, a store I rarely shop at. This was probably my first visit this year. Well, they have certainly upped their game!

I did pick up a few Needs, including Kosher salt, a $3.00 lidded carafe for my homemade flavored water, and a dozen boxes of Cracker Jacks to send to my DS who is deployed.

I went kinda crazy with their Fall decor items, but at $12..00 or less each, I only feel minimal guilt.

As posed on another thread: you don't care for fall colors of reds & golds? No problem, BL has you covered. A whole collection of fall featuring burgundy, pink & navy on white. Different, pretty and appropriate all year long.

I was looking for the wood-look resin apple. Did not find it, but saw a similar pumpkin, which I did not love in person. Picked up 2 pumpkins and an acorn I liked better. Be sure to check out the dorm section for cute decor, too. I actually showed some restraint, but still spent almost $60.00 on 5 items. I do not decorate with any kind of sayings/ words, so that eliminated quite a few choices. Some gorgeous wreaths and lanterns. I left them in store for all of you, LOL! I did pick up 2 throw pillows, not strictly Fall, but done in fall colors- $12.00 each. Beautiful and the real surprise of the shopping trip.

Do not venture into BL if you are easily tempted by fall decor! Not all boxes of decor were displayed on shelves yet; a return trip may be in order. maybe the squirrel and apple will be out then.

I have limited space to display seasonal decor in my new, downsized home, so only the very best will make the cut. Will not even look at what's stored in the basement for another month as I love Summer. I think there is only one bin and I know I don't have any pillows.

Honored Contributor

Love your account from the "field",  @queendiva!  I know what you mean about those pillows--  I've found some terrific, well-priced ones there...

Regards to your valiant son-- and hope he thoroughly enjoys his Cracker Jack treat while upholding the nation.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell : Thank you for your kind thoughts for my DS. The Cracker Jacks will be a fun surprise for him along with the homemade brownies and cookies. Cracker Jacks will survive the long, hot shipping and I hope a dozen boxes will leave at least one box for him! All the troops share their goodies from home. I expect his tour to be over at the end of next month and he will be back stateside at the beginning of 2020. Can't wait!

One pillow was just a like and not a love in my LR, which I thought might be my reaction when I bought it. I will return it when I make my return trip to check out any additional decor, maybe next week.

I saw one of your hedgehog. Very cute and a nice size: not too small or too big.

Frequent Contributor

@Oznell it is very cute.  I have been trying to resist shopping for stuff because I actually got rid of some stuff at my garage sale.  But that is just too cute.  I may need to venture out to my favorite stores!