Honored Contributor

Re: EARLY HOLIDAY DECORATING

There have been years when I have decorated early and years when something unfortunate happened and I had to decorate late or very little. 

I am positive I am a happier person, less stressed, enjoy the Holidays more...etc etc etc when I decorate early and have more time to enjoy it.

I start about November 10th on the inside and do the outside the day after Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

It wouldn't make me happier, it would make me crankier.  I have my fall and Halloween decor out now.  November 1 I will take down the Halloween stuff and just leave fall out.  The day after Thanksgiving I will decorate for x-mas.

I don't want my holidays mish-mashed together and to have my x-mas stuff up too early would just make me want it down early.  I am one of those that takes my stuff down not too longer after x-mas because I want my house back in order.   

Honored Contributor

I always buy the first two pumpkins I see (or three) and out on the porch and in the flower beds they go.  I buy others along the way as some go bad and I see unusual ones.

I don't do fall decor in the house.  I'm not big on seasonal inside (I do switch  dishes from spring/summer to fall winter.  I go from florals like Portmeirion Botanic and Lenox Butterfly to solids and more formal china in the fall/winter and do have Christmas dishes.

We put up two GIGANTIC trees in the front windows a week or so before Thanksgiving and add more candles, and of course put up a couple of nativity sets.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It wouldn't make me happier, it would make me crankier.  I have my fall and Halloween decor out now.  November 1 I will take down the Halloween stuff and just leave fall out.  The day after Thanksgiving I will decorate for x-mas.

I don't want my holidays mish-mashed together and to have my x-mas stuff up too early would just make me want it down early.  I am one of those that takes my stuff down not too longer after x-mas because I want my house back in order.   

@Lipstickdiva  I do the same as you stated in the first paragraph, but I leave Christmas out until February, or until I feel like putting it away.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl

That was an fun article but I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed because from your subject line I thought it was going to be pictures of your fall decorating!  Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

I have my fall decorating done.  I did that the end of September.  I will start my Christmas decorating the day after Thanksgiving.  I really can't wait.  I love Christmas.  But I am very happy that I have a little more than half my Christmas shopping done and wrapped.  I have 23 people to buy for, so I start in January and go all year.  It takes the stress out of everything when I do it that way. It also helps the budget.  Then I can really enjoy my kids and grandkids when they are here.