Respected Contributor

@faeriemoonwrote:

I think people should do whatever they want to do. Personally, I have less of an issue with when people put their tree up versus when they take it down. I don't understand taking the tree down Christmas night; I mean, really??? However, it's none of my business, but you have really cut the season short if by the 26th your stuff is all packed up and ready for the basement.

@faeriemoonThe first 11 years we were married we lived in a single-wide mobile home--i couldn't wait to get the tree down the day after Christmas! We didn't use a tabletop tree, it was always a 6-footer at least, and real, so no "slimline" tree. That thing took up so much of our precious little living room space. I hated to, but it had to come down!

Fast forward to now...we built our house in 1986, the tree stays up at least until New Years Day and I love looking at it maybe even more during that week after Christmas when the hustle and bustle is over!

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkittythat's a very smart idea. My cats were not interested in the ornaments but one of them thinks chewing on the faux tree is awesome. I have to fence it off once she starts doing that. One year they ignored the tree all the way up until NYE and then suddenly it was a chew toy. I picked it up and put it out on the porch - way too stressful for me worrying about her swallowing yucky stuff.

Honored Contributor

@vermintwrote:

@faeriemoonwrote:

I think people should do whatever they want to do. Personally, I have less of an issue with when people put their tree up versus when they take it down. I don't understand taking the tree down Christmas night; I mean, really??? However, it's none of my business, but you have really cut the season short if by the 26th your stuff is all packed up and ready for the basement.

@faeriemoonThe first 11 years we were married we lived in a single-wide mobile home--i couldn't wait to get the tree down the day after Christmas! We didn't use a tabletop tree, it was always a 6-footer at least, and real, so no "slimline" tree. That thing took up so much of our precious little living room space. I hated to, but it had to come down!

Fast forward to now...we built our house in 1986, the tree stays up at least until New Years Day and I love looking at it maybe even more during that week after Christmas when the hustle and bustle is over!

@vermintI agree! I think I enjoy the tree the most when Christmas is over and I don't have to worry about doing a million things! I usually take it down right after the Epiphany.