Honored Contributor

Ok, I have always insisted that Christmas decorating starts after Thanksgiving. Well , I have become a bit lazy in my old age , so if the spirit moves me to do something, I'd better get on it. Anyway the tree is up, and will soon be trimmed. I have to wait on some things till my Amazon battery order comes on Wed. , but most of it will be done by Thursday, and you know what , it's fine. Dinner will taste just as good. Have a great Thanksgiving !🦃 🥧🍠

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Do what YOU want to do.

No worries! Fuggedaboudit!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Esteemed Contributor

No worries, I saw a car yesterday with a real cut Christmas tree tied to the top of the car .

I'm getting in the spirit to by  going to Home Goods  and Bed Bath Beyond to see their Christmas decorations . Am waiting to hear the Christmas carols on the radio which usually start  the day after Thanks Giving .

I'm ready for a grand Holiday season !

Honored Contributor

Most years my tree goes up on Friday since I do not shop ever that day.  If I am not too stuffed I have been known to put it up on Thanksgiving night.  (sugar rush)  This year we are doing our Thanksgiving at lunch on Friday so more of the family can be there. So I think my tree will go up Thursday morning.  I just cannot see wasting that day and it will help calm my nerves as I watch my Cowboys.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

My Valerie wreath arrived late last week.  I just put it up on my front door..  It's gorgeous and smells heavenly!!!!  Now, I just have to remember to bring my pumpkin out back to the woods!!!!  I hate to move it because it looks like a chipmunk has just noticed it and has begun gnawing at it!!!!

Honored Contributor

When my kids were little I put my tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving.  I did the black Friday shopping back then, before it became popular.  The malls were never crowded on the Fri after Thanksgiving and I whizzed right through all my shopping.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I've already started putting out some things on tables but I will put up the tree minus ornaments tomorrow so my kitties can examine and check it out before I start putting ornaments on Friday. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I've already started putting out some things on tables but I will put up the tree minus ornaments tomorrow so my kitties can examine and check it out before I start putting ornaments on Friday. 

@Meowingkitty , Good luck ! 😹

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Your house, your rules. Enjoy.

Respected Contributor

Decorating takes me longer than it use to. I start early and take my time.  I have the fireplace mantle to do yet and rest pretty much done.  

I figure start when the mood hits me and my daughter is hosting Thanksgiving and I do Christmas.  

I have way too much holiday stuff and cutting down how much I am displaying if I can get away with it.