Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone set up a Christmas Village?

I have a lot I purchased at JoAnn Fabric when they used to sell the village pieces.

I also have some from Kohl's and other stray places that spoke to me. I climb up my tall ladder and put them on a plant shelt high above the living room.

It is a pain to go up and down the ladder to arrange them, but it looks so pretty when it is done. I have a outlet up there so I can light it up.

There are years I don't bother, but once they are up, I leave them up for awhile until I am ready for a change.

Honored Contributor

@Nomore, where did you sell them, and did you make enough money to makeit worth your while?  I'd like to sell my Dept. 56 Snow Village on ebay but haven't done it yet.  I wasn't sure I'd make enough money and felt like the shipping would be quite expensive and more than buyers would want to pay.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

where did you sell them, and did you make enough money to makeit worth your while?  I'd like to sell my Dept. 56 Snow Village on ebay but haven't done it yet.  I wasn't sure I'd make enough money and felt like the shipping would be quite expensive and more than buyers would want to pay.

@NickNack

I sold them at a yard sale.  The last one I ever would do.  That was at the start of major purging of the basement. I needed them gone so I priced them ridiculously low ($10-25) along with other good things like my crystal, furniture, etc.  People bought almost everything and what was left was donated to a thrift shop. 

I can say I don't like having yard sales.

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

where did you sell them, and did you make enough money to makeit worth your while?  I'd like to sell my Dept. 56 Snow Village on ebay but haven't done it yet.  I wasn't sure I'd make enough money and felt like the shipping would be quite expensive and more than buyers would want to pay.

@NickNack

I sold them at a yard sale.  The last one I ever would do.  That was at the start of major purging of the basement. I needed them gone so I priced them ridiculously low ($10-25) along with other good things like my crystal, furniture, etc.  People bought almost everything and what was left was donated to a thrift shop. 

I can say I don't like having yard sales.

@Nomore, thanks for letting me know.  I've only had one yard sale, and it will be my last.  I hated it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Absolutely stunning! So beautiful and thank you for sharing it with us.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my goodness Nataliesgramma, I honestly thought that was a professional setting . . . what a lovely, lovely and beautiful effort.  Your house looks so warm and inviting!

When I was young in the late 60's we had a small village that went under the tree.  I always had the honor of setting it up because I was the only one that fit comfortably under the tree and I was thrilled . . . now I realize probably no one else really wanted to mess with it . . . Smiley Happy

I remember snooping through various stores looking to add something every year . . . nice memories.

Great thread, thank you so much for starting it!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Our home is in primitive antiques and we put our Dickens Village in the pie safe right next to the tree.

Honored Contributor

I do. It is on the table in our family room. I also do a Halloween Village.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man