Esteemed Contributor

Does a timer feature eat battery life?

I love alot of Valeries things....but boy do I go through batteries...then add in my Luminara candles!

I am womdering if I manually turn a few things on, if my battery will last the Season...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does a timer feature eat battery life?

I would think the timer feature does use more battery power.  As you said, I generally will turn on/off manually the illuminated things I have that tend to "eat" the batteries in a couple of weeks or so.  I do find they last longer that way.  Depends on the product though, I have some Candle Impressions that the battereis last forever in, thinking it's a matter of quality.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma   I also have a lot of Valerie items and love the option of a remote.

Using the timer feature most likely does use up the batteries quicker since it needs to determine how many hours have passed in order to turn on/off.  I have a ton of luminara candles on a ledge in my family room and was always changing batteries when I used the timers.  Now I just use the remote feature and since I'm not lighting them for a set amount of hours and only a few hours each night, my batteries are lasting a lot longer. 

I also purchased a battery tester which is really helpful. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I love alot of Valeries things....but boy do I go through batteries...then add in my Luminara candles!

I am womdering if I manually turn a few things on, if my battery will last the Season...

The fountain candle last about 8 days, and uses 3 C batteries. Not worth it.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Nataliesgramma 

My batteries definitely last longer when I manually turn on and off... Unless of course I forget to turn off!!  Lol

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it's the timer per de, but the inefficient LED light source that's given with Valerie's products. The tea lights have a light life of a week before they fade to nothing. They all eat batteries, no matter which type of battery you buy.