Honored Contributor

Re: Does Your Husband Help You Decorate?

For the most part, no. 

I think he would if I asked him to, but I rather like doing it myself, and my own pace. 

Several years ago, I figured out a way to store most of my holiday decor right in the rooms in which it is used. I use the storage ottomans, and some large antique trunks I have in my regular decor. Some rooms I have set aside a cabinet (like one above the fridge in the kitchen) as well. 

It has made decorating so much easier, clean up and putting away so much easier and faster too. 

When my son was at home, and younger, he liked to help me decorate, and that was great, but these days, I do it on my own. 

I too, decorated very lightly this year. We will have no one in most likely because of the virus, and I just didn't feel like doing it up as fully as I normally do. 

It is festive, but just a light version of what it usually is. 

Respected Contributor

Mine does. He brings the tree & bins with decorations down from his workshop, puts the tree together, usually helps me decorate it, and hangs the wreath. He also puts the Nativity on the mantel, since it's a little high for me, and puts the swag on the mailbox.

I do all the "sit around stuff" because I know how/where I want it arranged.

Esteemed Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

My husband helped decorate when we were young, not any more.  He saw that I had all of the Rubbermaid tubs out of the basement today and he said something like - oh my.....and about 10 minutes later he said he's going for a ride on the motorcycle so he "will not get in my way".  After I heard that, I lost interest and only put up about 1/3 of the decorations and just quit.  Do your husbands help you?

@BunSnoop   NO ! Thank you, Lord. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

DH brings the Christmas decoration tubs down from the attic. He takes the tubs back up to the attic after I take everything down after the holidays. He does nothing in between. He knows I will just redo what he does so he bows out. I do wish he would help decorate, though. He has never been into it. If we only had a Charlie Brown tree he would be fine with it. Same with wrapping. I hate gift wrapping now. As soon as he saw me getting out the gift wrap, he left for the bookstore and came back two hours later...guessing it was all finished. Wrong! I ran out of interest so will start again tomorrow.He will probably hang out at Starbucks tomorrow.
Honored Contributor

You are very fortunate to have a husband so willing to help you. Not everyone is that lucky.
Respected Contributor

He brings everything down for me and then I take over. If I need him he will help. He does help with wrapping.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

We both do the decorating, but we have different "jobs."

He takes everything out from storage and does all of the outdoor decorating with our girls.  I give my input and provide hot chocolate with marshmallows.

I do all of the interior decorating.  I decorate the inside of the house and our living room tree.  The girls are responsible for their playroom tree.

He's really great about all of it and I appreciate everything he does.  He has the hard part, in my opinion. He has to do most of the lifting (I help where I can with that), the stringing of lights (outside as well as on our trees), and getting up on the ladder. 

I get the fun part.  lol