Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Know (re: Valerie)

@Julie928

As JayJay said she will be back 3/7 10-12 EASTERN and 3/8 1 AM EASTERN and 3-5PM EASTERN 

On her Facebook Page several folks asked her about more shows for Fall and Halloween all she said is they would be in July and August...but didnt sound like they were adding any more fall shows...Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928

@mousiegirl,

Well I received my wildflower blossom wreath and cream ceramic bunny pedestals. 

The bunny pedestals are simply adorable straight out of the box and no quality issues. 

The wildflower blossom wreath--After lots of adjusting and hot glue on some fallen flowers, the wreath is providing the precise look I was hoping for on my front door.   

For anyone on the fence, here are some things I noticed:

• The greenery is plastic but has green flocking added, so the overall look is more realistic IMO.  The downside is that out of the box, the flowers have some sort of dusty debris on them that seems to be from the flocking.
  • The various small flowers and their colors look great together IMO.  The downside is that the flowers are poor quality (not applied very securely and made of loosely woven materials) compared to some others from the VPH line.  The flowers from the original Garden in Bloom wreath (@Marsha2003 you know the one!) are much better quality than any flower on this new wreath. 

Reviews are coming in and are not good overall.  I can understand why and I can also understand the feeling of this wreath being overpriced for the quality.  Having said that, I'm keeping mine and I think I'll really enjoy it.  If I felt like going out and shopping around for an almost identical one, I might return mine due to the quality vs price, but I'm content to keep and enjoy it.  Let's hope it will last for a few years--probably not. 

2018-02-24 12.00.19.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SHOPRwrote:

@Julie928

@mousiegirl,

Well I received my wildflower blossom wreath and cream ceramic bunny pedestals. 

The bunny pedestals are simply adorable straight out of the box and no quality issues. 

The wildflower blossom wreath--After lots of adjusting and hot glue on some fallen flowers, the wreath is providing the precise look I was hoping for on my front door.   

For anyone on the fence, here are some things I noticed:

• The greenery is plastic but has green flocking added, so the overall look is more realistic IMO.  The downside is that out of the box, the flowers have some sort of dusty debris on them that seems to be from the flocking.
  • The various small flowers and their colors look great together IMO.  The downside is that the flowers are poor quality (not applied very securely and made of loosely woven materials) compared to some others from the VPH line.  The flowers from the original Garden in Bloom wreath (@Marsha2003 you know the one!) are much better quality than any flower on this new wreath. 

Reviews are coming in and are not good overall.  I can understand why and I can also understand the feeling of this wreath being overpriced for the quality.  Having said that, I'm keeping mine and I think I'll really enjoy it.  If I felt like going out and shopping around for an almost identical one, I might return mine due to the quality vs price, but I'm content to keep and enjoy it.  Let's hope it will last for a few years--probably not. 

2018-02-24 12.00.19.jpg

@SHOPR  It looks beautiful on your door. Smiley Happy

I received the wreath and agree there were fallen flowers. The wreath is supposed to be 22."  The area I planned to put it on is 20" so this should have worked, but instead, it fits inside rather than on the outside rim, still looks okay, but I won't know until I receive the garland which should have been yesterday but lousy #%&*UPS took it to the access point, or rather will take it there on Monday, so I won't have it until Tuesday or Wednesday.

If I don't like it for the intended purpose, I think I will just remove the flowers and use as scatter, or remove the picks and insert them into another area.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @mousiegirl.  I'd love to see a photo when you receive the garland and get everything set up in your display.  I'm trying to imagine it but I'm not being very successful.  Cat Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@SHOPRwrote:

Thanks, @mousiegirl.  I'd love to see a photo when you receive the garland and get everything set up in your display.  I'm trying to imagine it but I'm not being very successful.  Cat Embarassed

@SHOPR  The wreath fits perfectly on the top smaller bowl, but due to the large space between the two bowls, it wouldn't hang down enough, so don't know, but I will make up my mind whether to keep them once I have the garland.  I will post a picture only if it comes together as I imagined. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl, Have you considered cutting the wreath's green wire base?  That way the wreath diameter could be made a bit bigger or smaller to better fit in or around certain items. 

It would take some muscle but I bet your DH could do it with some snips.

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR @mousiegirl ~ The wreath really does look pretty on your door.  I was just browsing through Valerie's things online and yes, I noticed some of the reviews are not so good.  Here is what I think of my things so far ~

The bunny pedestals in cream are great!  I am currently using only two of them in our bay window.  I have a birds nest in each (from Pier 1) with a sisal chick I added sitting in each nest.  I gave each pedestal a thorough looking at and each one is in good shape. 

The biker bunnies are really cute, too!  The boy bunny has a small issue where his one arm is attached to his body.  The fabric seems to not be attached very well but after a little pushing in it seems to be okay.  I hate having to do anything when I pay full price for something but it is what it is.

The girl bunny is nice.  The only thing I did was add some green paper Easter grass to the basket.  I did this because the little bunny peeking out is a head and two little arms only ~ no body!  It looked a little creepy to me so I tucked the grass in and now it looks fine. 

The moss wreath with the two bunnies is also a keeper!  It's a little larger than expected (which isn't a problem) and it seems to be made well.  One issue which was easily fixed was one of the ears had fallen off.  It is attached by a wire which just sticks back in so no problem.  So often with these things they snap off but that did not happen (thank goodness)!

What else?  Oh!  The spring berry garland!  I took a quick look at it and like what I see.  I don't plan on putting it out until after Easter but it looks pretty and I like the colors.

Whew!  That was a fun haul!  I asked on Valerie's facebook page about what type of items might be presented in the upcoming shows.  I don't think there will be any Easter but lots of "indoor and outdoor items" as well as a new quilt set.  Hopefully I won't be tempted because I think I have enough, lol!

Thanks for posting about your items, guys!  I like that we can let each other know how we are liking our new things!  :-)

Respected Contributor

@Julie928 Thanks for your thorough review.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR The wreath looks gorgeous on your front door, well worth the effort you made to fix it up.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR
Love that wreath on your front door. Glad you could make it work for you. 😊