Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Know (re: Valerie)

@SHOPR  This morning, I remembered that I have garlands and wreaths of the following, really pretty in person, and think they will work much better than VPH's  for the intended purpose.  I wish I had thought of them before ordering, so I will either keep VPH's and use them otherwise, or return them.  I will try both and post pictures of what I decided to use. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928wrote:

@SHOPR @mousiegirl ~ The wreath really does look pretty on your door.  I was just browsing through Valerie's things online and yes, I noticed some of the reviews are not so good.  Here is what I think of my things so far ~

The bunny pedestals in cream are great!  I am currently using only two of them in our bay window.  I have a birds nest in each (from Pier 1) with a sisal chick I added sitting in each nest.  I gave each pedestal a thorough looking at and each one is in good shape. 

The biker bunnies are really cute, too!  The boy bunny has a small issue where his one arm is attached to his body.  The fabric seems to not be attached very well but after a little pushing in it seems to be okay.  I hate having to do anything when I pay full price for something but it is what it is.

The girl bunny is nice.  The only thing I did was add some green paper Easter grass to the basket.  I did this because the little bunny peeking out is a head and two little arms only ~ no body!  It looked a little creepy to me so I tucked the grass in and now it looks fine. 

The moss wreath with the two bunnies is also a keeper!  It's a little larger than expected (which isn't a problem) and it seems to be made well.  One issue which was easily fixed was one of the ears had fallen off.  It is attached by a wire which just sticks back in so no problem.  So often with these things they snap off but that did not happen (thank goodness)!

What else?  Oh!  The spring berry garland!  I took a quick look at it and like what I see.  I don't plan on putting it out until after Easter but it looks pretty and I like the colors.

Whew!  That was a fun haul!  I asked on Valerie's facebook page about what type of items might be presented in the upcoming shows.  I don't think there will be any Easter but lots of "indoor and outdoor items" as well as a new quilt set.  Hopefully I won't be tempted because I think I have enough, lol!

Thanks for posting about your items, guys!  I like that we can let each other know how we are liking our new things!  :-)

@Julie928, Thanks for updating us on all of your latest VPH items. 

I love your idea of using nests and chicks on the bunny pedestals.  If I had gotten out my Spring/Easter bin this year, I think I would've wanted to do just that.  Instead, I am using the pedestals with CI teal jar candles, which I usually leave out somewhere in the house year-round.  I really think the bunny pedestals are going to be very versatile.

Image result for candle impressions jar candle

LOL about the baby bunny being a little creepy with no body attached--I agree!   Cat LOL Great idea to tuck in a little Easter grass to hide that. 

I have seen quite a few sisal bunnies here and there and I own one pair (pic below) from Pier 1 a few years ago.  I can see how they are likely to have imperfections.  I'm amazed at how they turn out as adorable as they do, considering the materials used and how involved it seems to be to create the finished product.  It's not a craft I would want to learn! 

I hope there is nothing to overly tempt me when VPH returns soon.  I do love to watch, though.  I was very well behaved on the recent free shipping day as far as decor items.  I had just purchased the VPH bunny pedestals and wreath at full price WITH s&h, so I wasn't thrilled about the timing.  On the free ship day I only purchased some inexpensive as-is items from kitchen category and a pair of round throw pillows from Casa Zeta-Jones that I had been wanting for a few months.  Trying to remain strong!

Image result for come ride in my carrot 2882093

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirlwrote:

@SHOPR  This morning, I remembered that I have garlands and wreaths of the following, really pretty in person, and think they will work much better than VPH's  for the intended purpose.  I wish I had thought of them before ordering, so I will either keep VPH's and use them otherwise, or return them.  I will try both and post pictures of what I decided to use. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl, Oh I think I remember us talking about this set of wreaths and garlands before.  I think these look so natural (pomegranates?) and I love them.  I'm excited to see your pics whenever you make your decision.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPRwrote:

@mousiegirlwrote:

@mousiegirl, Oh I think I remember us talking about this set of wreaths and garlands before.  I think these look so natural (pomegranates?) and I love them.  I'm excited to see your pics whenever you make your decision.

@SHOPR  Rosehips.