Respected Contributor

Does Anyone Decorate Luminara Candles?

I just received the set of (4) 5" ivory that were the one day special. They're very nice, but they're plain. They look great in my tortoiseshell glass hurricanes. 

Has anyone decorated the the actual exterior of the candle? There are many ways to do it. I'd practice on some of my old cheap ivory flameless wax candles first. 

Btw, compared to my ivory glitter Luminara's, these have a more yellow flame color. I like the glitter candle color better- it's more creamy/yellow- looks more natural. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Decorate Luminara Candles?

I often add a temporary ribbon wrap to my ivory flameless candles.  I don't have any pictures saved to show you, but there's tons of inspiration pictures available online.  I haven't ever painted or inked or decorated with sequins or anything like that, but I see no  reason why you couldn't as long as you are using materials that work with wax.

Respected Contributor

I'm thinking of a major over-haul design. I'm not sure what I'll do yet- so many options. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

I'm thinking of a major over-haul design. I'm not sure what I'll do yet- so many options. Smiley Happy

@spot555 Be sure to share your results!  I love to see what creative posters dream up.

Respected Contributor

I guess I won't be decorating these. One of the candles has an issue- sometimes it works, & sometimes it doesn't. I think the battery pack area is the issue- back they go.

Trusted Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

I just received the set of (4) 5" ivory that were the one day special. They're very nice, but they're plain. They look great in my tortoiseshell glass hurricanes. 

Has anyone decorated the the actual exterior of the candle? There are many ways to do it. I'd practice on some of my old cheap ivory flameless wax candles first. 

Btw, compared to my ivory glitter Luminara's, these have a more yellow flame color. I like the glitter candle color better- it's more creamy/yellow- looks more natural. 

I have tied ribbons around them. I have also twisted the wired mini lights around them. If you wanted a permanent decoration, you could glue jewels or sequins and even glitter. Lace would be an option too.