Valued Contributor

Does Anyone Collect Boyds Bears? How do you Store Them?

I have several collectible Boyds Bears, mostly the large 16" size, but I don't have the original boxes.  I need suggestions on how to store them -- is a cardboard box best? Or maybe a plastic see-through container?  Should I put a dryer sheet in the box?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Super Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Collect Boyds Bears? How do you Store Them?

I have a bunch of them, they are the small and medium- I have them in a basket and once in awhile I put them in the dryer on the air cycle to get rid of the dust, however I would love to sell mine, just don't need to keep them any longer- I would make sure you store them in air tight containers

Honored Contributor

I have 3 BB's I actually kept and I have them sitting around my house. I vacuum then on occasion, but that's it. If I had loads of them and didn't want to get rid of them I would put them in a large plastic container with desiccant.

Respected Contributor

The ones I have left I shake out on the deck. Sold most on Ebay. Saved my favorites.

Respected Contributor

I have five small bears.  A couple are dressed in bunny suits....they get stored with the few other Easter decorations in a cardboard box.  One in a Santa suit gets stored in a canvas tote with Christmas decor.  The others sit in a basket.  Sometimes I spray them with Febreze...that’s it.

If you have a lot and want to keep them all, I would maybe store in pillowcases.  Seems like they would  need to breathe a bit?

Super Contributor

I have many, I have them out for display/ Yes they get dusty .. I have a small soft brush and I clean them that way. I have the one where the two bears get married.. we used that on our wedding cake.. it was a small wedding but it was perfect for a three layer cake

Respected Contributor

@Chatyone 2 wrote:

I have many, I have them out for display/ Yes they get dusty .. I have a small soft brush and I clean them that way. I have the one where the two bears get married.. we used that on our wedding cake.. it was a small wedding but it was perfect for a three layer cake

I also have many, maybe close to 800 of the resin, and 50 of the plush. Mine are out all the time I have 10 cabinets mine are in , couldn't stand to part with any of them.  I just love all of mine. When my husband and I went on vacations we hit every store to pick up new pieces, my husband is gone now, but the memories of each one are still with me. Which Gary was still with Boyd's, he got very sick and had to give it up. 

Valued Contributor

About five 12"-18" bears and one cat  are in a curio cabinet on my bedroom dresser.  I also have a few scattered in a couple glass front book shelves.  Their cuteness still brings a smile to my heart.

Honored Contributor

I have about 10 on a small bench in a spare room. I still enjoy seeing them.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alicedee  I love the idea of storing them in pillow cases!  Thanks for the tip!!!